Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
May 15, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #2,686 of 3,948
Has anyone figured out what does the output phase settings do ?
And no, it does not switch LR :)

May 15, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #2,688 of 3,948
Was having an interesting chat with Wan from LP, their lead engineer, and I asked him to share some tracks they have been using to tune the machine. I though it will be interesting to share the western music part of this.

• Mozart: the Magic Flute
  • Wagner: Tristan and Isolde; Der Ring des Nibelungen (the Ring cycle)
  • Rock: mainly from Queens, Guns N' Roses
  • Michael Jackson
  • Hip Hop: Eminem
  • Wan’s personal favorites: The doors, Beatles, and Nirvana
Edit: this is by no means an exclusive list, as they are using many more to tune the machine. I think the tracks from the above list should definitely shine with their machines.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #2,689 of 3,948
Was having an interesting chat with Wan from LP, their lead engineer, and I asked him to share some tracks they have been using to tune the machine. I though it will be interesting to share the western music part of this.

• Mozart: the Magic Flute
  • Wagner: Tristan and Isolde; Der Ring des Nibelungen (the Ring cycle)
  • Rock: mainly from Queens, Guns N' Roses
  • Michael Jackson
  • Hip Hop: Eminem
  • Wan’s personal favorites: The doors, Beatles, and Nirvana
Edit: this is by no means an exclusive list, as they are using many more to tune the machine. I think the tracks from the above list should definitely shine with their machines.
Well now no wonder Darkthrone doesn't sound its best 😆

May 15, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #2,690 of 3,948
I think I have a big problem. Tried to download Musicteck's firmware update for my P6Pro, so I copied the file to the player using my laptop with Windows 10. The player showed a screen "new firmware. Yes or no". I hit yes button and the screen went blank, and I haven't been able to bring it back. Now, my laptop won't recognize the player when I plug it in. It says "the last usb device you connected to malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!

May 15, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #2,691 of 3,948
I assuming you tried long pressing the power button to force a factory reset?
Maybe leave it hooked up to a pc for a few hours, I heared there is this safety mode thing where it will be unresponsive for a few hours. I had that with my Ibasso dap.

May 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,692 of 3,948
I think I have a big problem. Tried to download Musicteck's firmware update for my P6Pro, so I copied the file to the player using my laptop with Windows 10. The player showed a screen "new firmware. Yes or no". I hit yes button and the screen went blank, and I haven't been able to bring it back. Now, my laptop won't recognize the player when I plug it in. It says "the last usb device you connected to malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!
Plug in to your charger overnight else RMA.
Same thing happened to me, mine never fully recovered, now it's just a very good looking aluminium case :D

May 16, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #2,693 of 3,948
There was a bit of a mad scramble once I found out that the demise of the iPod Touch had been announced. I was a couple of days late to the news. But thank goodness for Amazon SG who had still had a couple of 256GB models left. So, a nice and nifty companion to the LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary.

EAE1EAD0-1A05-459D-A1D1-8BD68B8E5F9F.jpeg

May 16, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #2,694 of 3,948
There was a bit of a mad scramble once I found out that the demise of the iPod Touch had been announced. I was a couple of days late to the news. But thank goodness for Amazon SG who had still had a couple of 256GB models left. So, a nice and nifty companion to the LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary.

EAE1EAD0-1A05-459D-A1D1-8BD68B8E5F9F.jpeg
Ditto :wink:

53A70E5E-C3A0-42A5-B054-3345F14ACEBF.jpeg

May 16, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #2,695 of 3,948
Do you find the LP dap perform better when its in usb dac mode as well?

May 16, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #2,697 of 3,948
Do you find the LP dap perform better when its in usb dac mode as well?
Frankly, I think it is great whether playing music from the internal memory or SD card, or from streaming via the USB DAC mode. No complaints. :)

May 17, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #2,698 of 3,948
Any progress ?

May 17, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #2,699 of 3,948
Any progress ?
Unfortunately, no. Andrew at Musicteck has contacted L&P, but still awaiting word. I'm assuming it's going to be a long, long return for repair scenario. :rolling_eyes:

May 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #2,700 of 3,948
Unfortunately, no. Andrew at Musicteck has contacted L&P, but still awaiting word. I'm assuming it's going to be a long, long return for repair scenario. :rolling_eyes:
Let me ask LP and get back to you later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back