Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
May 14, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,656 of 3,949
I would advise to get an android phone and use it as source via usb c and netron to get the p6pro to a usb dac mode.

I actually prefer the sound like that more then P6pro on its own.
But only with neutron bit perfect. UAPP is not that good at all.

In such a setup the sound is actually significantly punchier and more controled for some reason.

May 14, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #2,657 of 3,949
I actually use iphone if I wanted bit perfect. :) Android and LDAC is for convenience. :)

May 14, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #2,658 of 3,949
I don't know with LDAC, but with USB Dac everything is down sampled to 24/96hz, so it all depends what files you play, don't find so useful having hi res files down sampled

May 14, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #2,659 of 3,949
I don't know with LDAC, but with USB Dac everything is down sampled to 24/96hz, so it all depends what files you play, don't find so useful having hi res files down sampled
How do you know this? 🤔

May 14, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #2,660 of 3,949
It has been written before of the thread, P6P used in usb/dac mode don't go over 24/96hz

Edit: from a windows PC, don't know from a phone.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #2,662 of 3,949
I navigate my music in folder view, and all of it is organized as follows: Artist/Album/# - Track.flac

Would I have a problem navigating my collection on the P6 Pro?
You should be fine. How are your tracks named? If they start with the track number, then there are ways to make the track sequencing right after loading then in.

May 14, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #2,663 of 3,949
You should be fine. How are your tracks named? If they start with the track number, then there are ways to make the track sequencing right after loading then in.

Yeah, the track names start with a track number.

I thought I read that the folders will not be sorted alphabetically - is that correct? That would make navigating 400 or so artist folders a pain.

May 14, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,664 of 3,949
Yeah, the track names start with a track number.

I thought I read that the folders will not be sorted alphabetically - is that correct? That would make navigating 400 or so artist folders a pain.
The folders will be sorted correctly after you apply the tool.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #2,665 of 3,949
Heheh! Sadly, Wan from LP is quite adamant about not composing sound quality for android. :) But the LP7 will come with BT like the P6Ps. So you can use LDAC from your android devices.
Good to know manufacturers are fixated on all the wrong things.

BT is the new feature? In a DAP that wont go to Android because of sonic integrity? lmao.

I’d rather buy a $5000 desktop system that will crush it to dust with almost the same transportation ability. I'll keep a slightly lesser dap for portability that needs nothing else to be functional.

It's fine, just less gear to entice me.

May 14, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #2,666 of 3,949
Good to know manufacturers are fixated on all the wrong things.

BT is the new feature? In a DAP that wont go to Android because of sonic integrity? lmao.

I’d rather buy a $5000 desktop system that will crush it to dust with almost the same transportation ability. I'll keep a slightly lesser dap for portability that needs nothing else to be functional.

It's fine, just less gear to entice me.
Wrong things in your opinion. In mine, they focus on all the right things...

May 14, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #2,667 of 3,949
Absolutely.

I really just want them to cater to my needs, is all.
And they keep saying “not this time”.

May 14, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #2,668 of 3,949
Alright ! I am not the only one it seems on here maxing the p6pro out :)

Also I find- finding the accurate volume level rather difficult past 55. Wish they made smaller increments in db going past 55. Perhap made volume available till 70.
Just to be honest, I am not a fan of the c9. I feel the wa8, phantasy ii, and 428 all beat it rather handedly in technicalities. What cans are you looking to run?

May 14, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #2,669 of 3,949
Agree here. While gapless and search would be nice I personaly value that they don't use android.

May 14, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #2,670 of 3,949
I would advise to get an android phone and use it as source via usb c and netron to get the p6pro to a usb dac mode.

I actually prefer the sound like that more then P6pro on its own.
But only with neutron bit perfect. UAPP is not that good at all.

In such a setup the sound is actually significantly punchier and more controled for some reason.
This is realy interesting. I personaly have found the p6p over usb input to be quite a bit behind compaired to internal storage. That wad improved quite a bit with even a fairly cheap isolator (intona) but it's still behind local file imo. This is especialy noticeable when using the p6p into some of my higher end desktop amps (though maybe that's not super fair to a dap tbh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back