Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jul 10, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #153 of 3,949
Thanks dude. How you keeping yourself. I'm practicing my young people slang- how'd I do? Lol

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #154 of 3,949
Hiby R8

@twister6 I can't remember if you ever have gotten the LP6 Gold or not? Im dying to know if P6 is better than LP6 Gold.

Not familiar with LP6 Gold, but saw LP6 Ti at Canjam NYC show. That one was a beast, very powerful. Btw, a few people already asked me if P6 is under powered. I'm not ready for a pair up testing yet, not even ready for analysis, want to keep it on burn in for a few days.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #155 of 3,949
Based on what I've read, if you are an IEM user, you will love P6. From what I've read, for IEM usage, it keeps all the good part of R-2R. It is what I wanted HM1000 to be, but I don't know, maybe I'm hyping all that Im reading in my head. There is no substitute for my own ears.

https://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404524482005172325#_0

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #156 of 3,949
Well, since I'm in P6 thread, might as well share a few pictures of what DHL just dropped off on my rainy doorstep.

And yes, the "luxury" and "precision" in P6 refers to build quality and internal design. For those familiar with L&P, interface is minimalistic without any "luxury", and P6 is non-touch screen, but you can navigate using volume wheel and Enter/Return buttons on the right side or enable navigation using playback control play/pause/skip buttons on the left side, or enable to use both at the same time. A little bit of a learning curve since we are creatures of a touch screen habit, but I kind of got used to it already. Will keep it on burn in over the weekend. Out of the box, the sound is very analog and spacious, very analog like. But not jumping into any conclusions until I have 1250 burn-in hours on it.... OK, maybe not 1250, but a few hundred burn in hours might be good before sharing impressions :wink:

LP_P6-x01.jpgLP_P6-x02.jpgLP_P6-x03.jpgLP_P6-x04.jpgLP_P6-x05.jpgLP_P6-x06.jpgLP_P6-x07.jpgLP_P6-x08.jpgLP_P6-x09.jpgLP_P6-x10.jpgLP_P6-x11.jpgLP_P6-x12.jpg

I should have waited on pulling a trigger on this until I hear your impression as you are mostly accurate. I bought this thinking this is like a HFM R2R2K with
the skip button. I know you wanted to burn this before giving out any feedback but how did you like sound out of the box perhaps in comparison to R2R2K red?
I will this tomorrow but just curious what you think of it.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #159 of 3,949
Man, you are lucky that you are able to just drive by to drop it off for mod. Modding the dap is a dream for most of us in states.
Yes I am aware of how lucky I am. But on the other hand, customer service in the states is the gold standard. If you knew how terrible the customer service here was, you would never buy anything here in Hong Kong and in the process blow a few fuses.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #160 of 3,949
Dino is just straight hardware mods. I doubt he even has time to even do a firmware mod as I saw the number of units sitting at his workbench begging to be modded by customers.

Of course, it was just a "wishful" thinking :)

Jul 11, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #161 of 3,949
I should have waited on pulling a trigger on this until I hear your impression as you are mostly accurate. I bought this thinking this is like a HFM R2R2K with
the skip button. I know you wanted to burn this before giving out any feedback but how did you like sound out of the box perhaps in comparison to R2R2K red?
I will this tomorrow but just curious what you think of it.

Don't have a regular R2R2k, only Red, and P6 is by far ahead of it when it comes to sound performance (more transparent, better layering, more natural retrieval of details), though it will dependent on pair up (testing it with uni Elysium). A few other things I can confirm, zero hissing with Andro, no volume imbalance going from 0 to the first volume click, much better pair up with IEMs but not so much with demanding headphones (P6 is under powered), and lack of touch screen could be a turn off for some.

Jul 11, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #162 of 3,949
Don't have a regular R2R2k, only Red, and P6 is by far ahead of it when it comes to sound performance (more transparent, better layering, more natural retrieval of details), though it will dependent on pair up (testing it with uni Elysium). A few other things I can confirm, zero hissing with Andro, no volume imbalance going from 0 to the first volume click, much better pair up with IEMs but not so much with demanding headphones (P6 is under powered), and lack of touch screen could be a turn off for some.

Does it have a line-out for external amp?

Jul 11, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #163 of 3,949

Thanks for your feedback. I only bought P6 to pair with IEMs so I wouldn't worry too much about being underpowered. I am not sure what you meant by
"no volume imbalance going from 0" Is this the behavior few 220 MAX owners were experiencing you are referring to?

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #165 of 3,949
How did you get P6 to pair up with bluetooth devices? I can't seem to figure out a way to pair up.

Good question, I might have to ask L&P rep about it. Maybe it is coming in the next fw update to enable the function? You can turn BT on, and it has option to "Clear pairing record", but no option where to pair up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back