Interesting article
Apr 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headfi is not a safe place for people to discuss scientific testing of audio.

I disagree. It just has to be done in the right way, without trolling, and with respect for alternative points of view. We run into trouble is when such topics -- which can be somewhat controversial -- are discussed in at the wrong time or without respect for others' points of view.

Apr 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 20
there is not a safe place or time though: just beating on drums with the bones of our religious leaders in either camp: since there is no basis to listen to science, then there is no basis to have friendly discussion with an outcome other than what is already pre-conceived when entering the moot.

Apr 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is not a safe place or time though: just beating on drums with the bones of our religious leaders in either camp: since there is no basis to listen to science, then there is no basis to have friendly discussion with an outcome other than what is already pre-conceived when entering the moot.

I don't agree with that at all. I think you're mischaracterizing what has occurred as a result of threads that involve trolling and you're upset that everyone doesn't accept the "objectivist" point of view. No offense, but I think you're being a little over dramatic.
normal_smile .gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #19 of 20
Having met many of the members on head-fi, I feel comfortable that any topic can be discussed rationally, like adults.

Besides, why do we have to be married to any particular theory or point of view? Can't we change our minds about things?

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought Jude designed a specific subforum for this thread, and its subjects discussion / argument, yet again, no ?

Have fun~

Thread moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back