interesting 10 year old perspective
Mar 10, 2006 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

rocktboy

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/796grado/

except for the 325->325i, grado's line up is essentially unchanged for >10years
basshead.gif

hd-580 used to cost $450!!!????

i know sr-60 used to be the affordable reference but now days plenty of headphones offer similar if not better price/performance.

i agree with wes phillips that my sr125 is less colored than the rs-1. i was never a fan of rs-1 (mostly due to price/performance) yet i love my hf-1....

it's interesting that most headphone people (including myself!) prefer "colored" sound from our earphones.....
rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 16
nice background on the manufacture of rs-1. i agree with the reviewer, of most of the grado line (i haven't heard the hf-1 or the rs-2 yet), the sr-125 is the "sweet spot".

Mar 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando
Interesting article. But I thought this thread was going to have some headphone review by a 10-year-old kid.
rolleyes.gif

lol ye me too, the only reason i clikced it was becos i wanted to see wat the kid sed. i supose it was a good title really lol
etysmile.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
lol ye me too, the only reason i clikced it was becos i wanted to see wat the kid sed. i supose it was a good title really lol
etysmile.gif

i second that! I actually thought it was related to this really, really horrifyingly ignorant review I found a while ago of how great the ipod was ("because everyone else has one!")

if i could just remember the link, of course. . .

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 16
I know a lot has been said about a number of competitors now existing in the SR60 price point that offer similar or better performance... but as my ears recall there are not half as many in SR60's price to performance as are listed.

When you have a good thing sometimes you milk it - even for 10 years. What if Grado made a really up-to-date looking, comfortable version of the SR60 for $80.00? I know many like the retro look - so Grado could keep that look and add in a new look for others.

Just my thoughts. The Grado colored sound is really cool - I like it best in the SR60s.

Mar 11, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by threepointone
i second that! I actually thought it was related to this really, really horrifyingly ignorant review I found a while ago of how great the ipod was ("because everyone else has one!")

if i could just remember the link, of course. . .

wow same here lol. I was like, "hmm a 10 year old reviewing headphones? Sounds interesting."

Mar 11, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Interesting article. But I thought this thread was going to have some headphone review by a 10-year-old kid.
rolleyes.gif

You mean its not?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I'll skip the rest of this one.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 16
I think they should have an editor edit her editor's post, there are quite a few grammatical errors and some of her sentences just don't flow smoothly. JK, well not really since it was kind of painful to read it however, just think. This same idea is what is running through the minds of the majority of today's youth, it's brainwash, brainwash I say! Not to mention the Ipod she reviewed was the fourth generation version which, pardon my french, sounded like utter crap.

Here's my favorite part: "There was talk about iPod even before it hit the shelves. Now have you ever heard talk about other MP3 players before that hit the shelves? I don’t think so."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
, greetings from planet earth.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnlsn
Here is the 13 year old girl's ignorant ipod review
http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=240

That's really funny.

My favorite quotes:

"Also, it can literally hold your entire music collection." She's literally bad with grammar.

"The regular iPod color is milky white, which is pretty cool, considering most MP3 players are silver or any other color that’s not WHITE." Well, I'm sold.

"It doesn’t really affect the music because you can always switch the ear buds, but if something else was bad, like the actual music coming out of the iPod, then that would make the iPod not so good, but it IS good." Haha, what?

"Most MP3’s that people have only either show the time left or the time elapsed. Now if you combine that, you get the iPod. Yes, the iPod shows the time left and the time elapsed, not OR." True innovation.

"Most MP3’s are triangular..." I gotta get me one of those.

Then I find out that she doesn't even have one. Do'h.

Also, those CDs sure are HEAVY!

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

"Most MP3’s are triangular..."

LOL... I like that one
tongue.gif
. She's probably thinking of whatever icon is associated with MP3s on her PC.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #15 of 16
The RS-1 has been around for that long??

Well if it aint broke....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back