Interest? Welborne Labs Laurel IIX 300B SET monoblocks
post-213436
Post #1 of 1

aeberbach

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I'm not going to attempt to describe them - all the information is here:
http://welbornelabs.com/laurel.htm

These were the full monty, the $2220 kit with the $655 Ultimate upgrade. That upgrade included a matched pair of Western Electric 300B tubes, but I'll probably sell those separately. So figure on a base price of $2400 - they have NOS tubes throughout (except for the TJ mesh plate 300B tubes in it now), spare tubes for all the positions (except the 300Bs), teflon/silver tube sockets, Riken Ohm resistors, Jensen copper foil caps, in short they are the best I could make them.

In addition to selecting the best parts I improved the layout, moving the DC supply much further from the audio section and reorganizing the AC filament supplies so that they don't go near the signal at all - the closest they get is where they connect to the tubes. I upgraded the power supply chokes because I found they got too hot when voltage is above the rated 117V, as it often is. Silver wire is used throughout, although there was very little hookup required once I put everything in its right place. The construction manual and schematic is included of course.

I would include my cable for K1000 also, built with good wire, techflex and WBT banana plugs/Neutrik socket.

PMs please with what you might pay - I expect I will use audiogon but there may be someone here wanting an excellent way to power K1000s or efficient speakers. (If the power amps go the SHA-1 will be next. The Grace 901 is doing it all for me nicely and it takes so little space.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)