Interest check: wireless remote for Iriver 2, riovolt2 (imp-250/sp-250)
Aug 18, 2002 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nleahcim

100+ Head-Fier
Hey - right now I'm building a wireless remote for my SP-250 (riovolt 2) which will also be compatible with the IMP-250 (Iriver2). I already am selling it to a couple people. Looks like it will cost between $30 and $50. Not sure yet on exact pricing. Depends on how many people order one - as getting PCBs printed is spendy in low quantities. So - that's why I'm trying to find as many buyers as possible. It will control every single function the current remote has - except that it won't be attatched to the cd player. It will, naturally, be battery operated. Note: you will NOT be able to plug headphones into it. It is an FM remote - so you do not need line of sight between transmitter and reciever. range will be over 200 feet. Transmitter will be made out of brushed aluminum. Buttons will be recessed. Transmitter will be credit card sized (though thicker). It may be rectangular - but I'm thinking it will be more oval shaped. Haven't decided yet. So, anyone interested?

Aug 18, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 5
Errr... there is no Iriver imp-250.

Perhaps you mean the IRiver SlimX imp-350?
Or perhaps the ChromeX imp-150?
The numbers are confusing with other brands numbers. I just call them the SlimX and the ChromeX.

Your remote sounds interesting. I have a SlimX. I could easily be convinced to pop the $ for a device that works well and has good ergonomics.

-Z

Aug 19, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Hmm...is it feasible to make one for the original RioVolt? It would be a simpler design, yes? If so, I'm interested...

And no LCD display?
biggrin.gif
Just kidding.

Aug 20, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by PianoBlack
Hmm...is it feasible to make one for the original RioVolt? It would be a simpler design, yes? If so, I'm interested...

And no LCD display?
biggrin.gif
Just kidding.

By simpler design, if you mean circuitry, then no, not really. Depending on the exact circuit I use - it could mean a few less diodes. That's all though. I don't have a riovolt. If someone could tell me how the remote for it works, then I probably could make one. I would also need to find a distributor for the remote's plug. I could make one if you sent me your remote. As for a remote for a slimx - I don't know. It's a different pinout - that I'm sure of. Once again, if someone could tell me how it's remote works - I bet I could make one. So, for sure it will work with the iriver2 and riovolt2. If someone could hook me up with a remote for one of the others I could make it compatible with those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back