Interest check: Vancouver Canada??
May 20, 2002 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

M.Sensation

Head-Fier
Anybody up for a meet in the greater Vancouver area? I certainly would be up for it. Anybody else?

May 25, 2002 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 24
I personally never read this forum and somebody else told me about this thread. So if you know anybody else - and I'm quite sure there are more of us - it might be a good idea to send them a message...

May 31, 2002 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 24
If you must buy it from a brick & mortar store, the best place is the HI FI Centre on seymour just up beside A&B Sound downtown. They carry the entire sennheiser and grado line (orpheus notwithstanding).

I ordered my HD600's from Jan Meier and saved 150 some odd (even after duty and taxes) dollars though so you might want to think about that.

Jun 3, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 24
Certainly, I'd be willing to be a part of this get-together if I'm accepted.

The guys at Hi-Fi Centre are great. They are more honest than your typical hi-fi outlet employee and they have a system where you can buy cheaper cans from the same product line. This is how I got my RS-1's, traded them in from my SR-325s when I had the money.

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 24
count me in for a meeting!!

i got my SR80's from Sound Hounds in Victoria. Super service; I gave them a call, ordered my SR80's for the best price i could find locally, AND they paid for shipping across the Strait.

i'm most likely going to upgrade to HD600's from Meier...but anyway, pm me or email me about a meeting. i'd be VERY interested.

Jul 5, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 24
I'd say six is a hex but that'd be redundant. We'd need a downtown Vancouver-ish site to play show and tell with our equipment. Live in Coquitlam, I'd need to take the bus, and would be more than willing to, if anyone is interested. I have an email address that I sit by anxiously all day, so you'd get prompt response if you emailed me.

Did I mention I have RS-1s?
cool.gif

Jul 27, 2002 at 9:02 AM Post #12 of 24
so did anything happen or not? I'll be in Vancouver (Coquitlam, to be precise) during the last week of august and I'd try to attend if the meet happens to be on that week. I can bring some subset of the stuff in my profile and maybe stax sr-404 with kevin gilmore solid state amp if all goes as planned...

Jul 27, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #13 of 24
Occasional replies seem to be piquing our interest in to this matter, but alas, the amount of piquing may not be enough. My current residence is not available for audiophile show-and-tell, but in this expansive metropolitan area of ours, other sites are clearly available. To find somewhere suitable, and worthwhile, looks to be the setback here.

Got RS-1s, Denon DCM-460 and Creek OBh-11, anything else small can be brought to wherever we set up. Suggestions are welcome and needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back