Interest Check: Sony D-25s w/ RadioShack 1200mA Power Supply
post-169654
Post #1 of 6

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I just realize I won't have a bedroom of my own a month from now. In fact, I will have just one half of a room to live in *ah...good ol' college housing mismanagement*. This means, dear boys and girls, that I will not have a separate room to house the Sony D-25s (this also means my roomate better like my music taste or she's outta here).

This Sony D-25s discman of legend and yore (reviewed here) is owned very briefly by two Head-Fiers (about a month or less for me) and is thus guaranteed in excellent working condition. No DOA, sirree. It also comes with a 9V RadioShack power supply (worth $20) which is rated at 1200 mA. The higher voltage supposedly makes a difference, but I have not been able to compare it with any other AC adapters.

I love the player dearly when it was oh-so-fleetingly in my hands... The soft yellow glow of the LCD... The metal-metal-metal build and -click-s... The most dang cleanest headphone amp I've ever heard*...

So what is this object of love and desire going for? Just $45 shipped for both the metal tank and the power adapter. Paypal is indefinitely preferred, but money orders are A-OK too.

Farewell, oh lovely.

...sigh
Piano B.

*The Corda HA-1 I listen to seems to have ground problems--it emits a hiss. Otherwise, there's a reason it's my main amp--it sounds gooood baby. [ian's deal on the Corda is pretty good for a near-brand-new one...]

post-169829
Post #3 of 6

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Baby got back.

...a pm back, that is.

Tune in next time for....
Even Dorkier Adventures of PianoBlack.

post-169994
Post #5 of 6

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Sale pending for this gorgeous sleek machine. *oh baby, oh baby*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)