Interest Check - Inland Pacific Northwest Meet?
Jul 31, 2009 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Zaubertuba

100+ Head-Fier
I know killz23 had posted about a Spokane/Northern Idaho meet. We've been chatting and wondered if there'd be more interest if we opened it up a bit. Anybody from Boise/Southern Idaho/Eastern Oregon interested in a meet? To give us some time to plan, let's say, October-ish? Boise & Spokane are the obvious metropolitan choices.

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 75
Aug 18, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 75
A meet in Moscow would be attractive. Spokane maybe.
I used to live in Moscow. It'd be fun to visit the old haunts.
Anyone selling audio gear in Moscow nowadays?
Haddock & Laughlin still open?
Probably need to be in September or November to squeeze it into my calendar.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #9 of 75
Well, there's 3.
smily_headphones1.gif

September is getting ugly for me. November may be more do-able....and easier to plan.
wink.gif

Either Moscow or Spokane would be fine. If the timing were right I might be able to get my brother to come if it were in Spokane. He's starting his own speaker business, and was fairly impressed with my 555's when I last visited. I expect he'd be pretty interested in listening if there were a good selection of cans about.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #13 of 75
Don't let Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington become a backwater! Step up, people. Let's get this meet together. I promise to make it interesting if you do. Interested in vinyl? I am your go to guy. DIY cabling? Ask me.

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #14 of 75
Way to keep the fires burning, guys.
wink.gif

I would like to push this back a bit and see if we can get any more takers. Also, I might have some more gear to bring in a few months. Darned wallet!
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by killz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spokane would be fine...

Yaiy!! More people!!! hahaha....

I'm bringing my stock HD 555, stock AD700 and Sr60..haha..Sorry if my rig doesn't sound spectacular...

Those stock phones would be great! I for one haven't heard either the Sr60 or the AD700, so it would be nice to be able to listen and put things in context. From a newcomer's standpoint, the more different brands represented (even at the "entry" or "mid-fi" level), the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curbfeeler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't let Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington become a backwater! Step up, people. Let's get this meet together. I promise to make it interesting if you do. Interested in vinyl? I am your go to guy. DIY cabling? Ask me.

You really have some killer equip. in your rig, curbfeeler.
biggrin.gif
Maybe I'll talk with my brother in Spokane and see if there's any local hifi clubs we could get interested. Perhaps a joint headphone/audio enthusiast's meet might garner more attention?
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back