[Interest Check] Head-fi meet in India
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 52

First I used them just with the E6 because its max. volume was way low to my liking, but found that the E6 muddied the sound quite a bit; so now finally settled on the E07K as my current pairing with both the full sized cans I have.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #17 of 52

First I used them just with the E6 because its max. volume was way low to my liking, but found that the E6 muddied the sound quite a bit; so now finally settled on the E07K as my current pairing with both the full sized cans I have.

How you compare Philips with your other hp's sound wise? Those cans are looking great.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #18 of 52
head-fi meet in chennai and delhi would be the possible options.
many of us wishing to have a meet but the day and time sync is a problem for all. 
first we need to finalize some tentative date and we can share with our head-fi members and other audiophile person.
we can confirm the date after have a brief conversation.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #19 of 52
Dear Jerrick,

I would rate the Uptowns as fairly detailed for the price (retail price was 149 USD at the time of release, I got them on eBay US for around 95 USD). They are very hard to drive although impedance is only 32 ohms. Directly out of the player (Cowon iaudio 10) the max vol was lower than the Senn HD558(50 ohms).

With the current pairing of the E07k (both PC and player), they sound almost 85% as good as the 558's IMO. I have to say the vocals / mids aren't as lush as I would have liked though, and the treble seems to be slightly emphasized. But the E07k has fixed this problem, and with the bass up to 4 I enjoy a good low end presence and a 'full' sound if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back