Winter 2019 Colorado Meet - February 16th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello!

Edit 01/23: Meeting room booked at Sam Gary Branch Library in Denver for February 16th, 9AM-4PM. Main meeting room, just across from main entrance. It cost $70 to reserve the room, donations will be taken at the meet to cover this cost. Tables and power outlets provided, bring own power strip, free and open WiFi provided Denver Public Library.

A few ground rules - Generally you can listen to any station setup, however if you would like to audition a headphone (or whatever gear) at another station, please ask the person who that equipment belongs to! Nobody wants to see stuff missing from their table and not know who is using it.
Please handle equipment carefully, with both hands.
Bring something to drink, but please no food in the meeting room. There's a few places not far from library you can go for lunch.
Please don't crank other people's equipment to near max levels, without permission.

All are welcome to attend with or without any equipment, and with or without making a donation to cover room costs. It's an opportunity to hear equipment you may have only read about, spend some time with cans you are considering purchasing, and bring your equipment for others to try.

Please reply here with any interest and what equipment you might be able to bring, and if you have requests to demo any equipment.

I can bring -
Cavalli EHHA
Rudistor RPX-33 MK2

Buffalo III DAC
Soekris DAM DAC

EnigmaAcoustics Dharma D1000
Audio Technica A1000Z
Sennheiser HD-650
HIFIMAN HE500 w/headband mod
Audio Technica MSR-7

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 65
Hi Mark! If we were to book today, the earliest date we could book would be 12/22. If we take a few weeks to a month to decide, we will probably have to push the booking back by about the same amount. I was thinking first few weeks of February, or late January. Let me know if you have a preference. Would very much like to try the Abyss to see what all the fuss is about!

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 65
I would definitely be down! The last one I went to was a lot of fun. I’d prefer sooner rather than later date-wise. I will definitely bring:
Schiit jotunheim
Hifiman HE 500 (modded into 560 enclosure with custom cable)
Mrspeakers mad dog (TRP 50 mod)
Maybe:
Sennheiser hd650
Audio technica m40x

Also if anyone has access to a bottle head crack, or other inexpensive tube amp, I’d love to listen to it!

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 65
glad you two chimed in @sharktopus & @seedubchris! At this point I think we have 6 or 7 people who have chimed in and said they would attend. I think if we can get to 10 we can go ahead with the booking, number of people attending should grow after that as well, as people see the meet date set. As far as a date for the meet, I'm leaning towards mid to late January, please let me know if that wouldn't work for you.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #15 of 65
I'd be interested. Would bring:
DX7s-THX789+ Some Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back