Interest check! Chiunifi November 8th 2008 (Chicago area event)
Aug 4, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #46 of 70
I am going to head out to Chi-town for the meet. It's just too good to miss!

I would specific times/dates to get the driving/work schedules lined up though.

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #47 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just need to lock in the room, i already talked to the catering dept at a few hotels. our best choice is the same place as last time. We may have some money left over but don't quote me yet on that yet.

i have been really busy with the bar business lately but i am still in full time and this get together is still happening and cause of you people it will be bigger and better....

ok i need to clean the bar off and fill coolers.....

Hi Billy,

Any updates on the location and time table of the meet? The Stereophile next cutoff for the November issue I believe is the 1st of September.

Aug 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #48 of 70
I'm coming for sure now...just need to know where I'm going.
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #49 of 70
Put me on the list... I'm definitely interested in attending this year.

Aug 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #50 of 70
I will plan on it...hell or high water permiting. Things can change but I'll let you know if I find a conflict in the future. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing everything. Equip to follow.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #54 of 70
Billy? Hello? Bueller? Bueller??

Sep 11, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #55 of 70
I'm thinking about coming out for this - Would anyone be willing to put me up for a few days? (I'm a guy, and I'm 22)

Would prefer someone who's going to be there from the start to the very last breath of the meet, get my money and ears worth
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd be dragging along the transportable rig listed in the sig here

Jackson

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #56 of 70
Good news guys. Just heard from Billy today and got a chance to speak with him. He just officially signed off on the contract today I believe. He did not want to move forward until he put the deposit down on the room and it was officially in writing with the hotel. Per our last conversation, we are good to go. It will be at the same location as last year, the Holiday Inn on Touhy Ave. located in Skokie, IL. Date is set for November 8th. Please look for the thread which Billy will be starting probably tomorrow night. If you see the thread, please hold off on posting until I get a chance to reserve the 2nd post for members and gear (which I will be handling).

Hope to see you guys there.

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #57 of 70
Thank you Ryan and it was Great talking with you today. I been going back and forth with the Hotel as this was the place everyone wanted but the problem was it was booked solid with one opening left.

anyway i will not bore you peeps with the back and fourth details as Ryan said what to expect in the future..
I am going to send Ryan the Basic first post and then he will put it in correct English then i will post it...HAHAHA seriously

Good thing we raised $700 from Last year cause Prices went nuts, and the Hotel is Hardcore about sneaking food in this year...but do not fret cause we should probably have enough to actually buy food from the Hotel this year..of course we will discuss that in the next thread..

but the contract is done...CHI/UnI/fI/2 is happening!

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #58 of 70
Great news! Looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back