Interest check: Chi-Uni-Fi 6 on June 16 2012. Chicago area headphone event!!!!!
Nov 18, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 101
I think we should have "For Sale" poster. A few people came with one or two things they would be willing to sell. If we had a poster that included the price, the item and who to talk too, it would be more buyer and seller friendly. It would also attract attention to those people that don't really like to get together for meets but avidly buy and sell their headphone gear.

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 101
If my planned Fall 2012 class schedule is the same as the Fall 2011 schedule, I'll definitely make it on Fri. *cross fingers*
Might be a little too early to ask, but where will this one be located (doesn't have to be specific)?

Edit: Oh wait, so it's June, not the usual Nov. lol. I'm interested in going still.

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #9 of 101
unforeseen circumstances prevented me from attending the last one :frowning2:

definitely going to this one, sign me up :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #10 of 101
I've been reading reviews & browsing through forums on Head-Fi for the better part of the last 6 months. Before I'd learned of Head-Fi, I was under the impression that high-end audio was infinitely out of the reach of a college student with finite resources. It's been an enlightening & intriguing experience for me. All of it has been extremely helpful throughout my introduction to the wonderful world of headphone oriented high-end audio. I've learned a great deal from the knowledgeable, experienced & helpful members of this global forum.

I'm very thankful that a resource like Head-Fi was available & accessible to me when I started out. Now that I'm more familiar with this (still) new & fascinating world, I think it's time that I say hello & attend some meets/get-togethers. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see, hear or try anything out beyond the disappointments of Bose, Beats or low-fi/mid-fi professional studio cans where I live. (Quad-Cities area on the IL/IA border; 3hrs. from Chicago.) I'm looking forward to meeting others, relatively nearby, who share a passion for music & an infatuation with the headphones that allow us to more fully appreciate & understand that music. I hope to attend the 2012 Chicago meet(s), but I'm also interested in small gatherings closer to where I'm located. Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know of any meets near Eastern Iowa, other parts of Iowa, or Western Illinois?

I appreciate any help & I appreciate the work of those who make meets happen. Thanks! 
dt880smile.png

-eli

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #11 of 101
It's my intent to be there on the 16th.  Should be a great time!
Hibuck....
(north of Rockford)

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 101
how big is chi-uni-fi usually? im hoping to go this year, its my first 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back