Interest check: Cambridge Audio D-500SE
post-139911
Post #1 of 3

nately

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
SOLD!

Thinking of trying out SACD. Don't have room for it all, so it would have to take care of redbook as well.

My D-500SE is only 4 months old. It's in black, and it's been well treated. Any interest at $300 + shipping?

Nathan
nmfong@hotmail.com

Grado SR-80's still available, make an offer!

post-140324
Post #2 of 3

nately

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to sell this, but I'm not going to go great lengths to do so just yet. $300 firm + shipping. I don't know how much the shipping will be but I'll cap it at $20 (I'll cover anything over that if it's more). I'm confident enough to assert that mine is as good as new, so the way I see it, despite the Audiolab sale, mine will still be at least $30 less, with the difference being my unit has 8 months left on warranty, compared to 12 months on a new unit.

The Cambridge Audio D-500 SE doesn't have a headphone jack. I figure that shouldn't matter to most head-fi'ers since most use standalone headphone amps. In any case, this is one of the better CDPs in this price range (probably preaching to the choir here...)

I haven't decided what to replace it with, so my poor little Sampo DVD player has big shoes to fill for the time being, but it needs to be able to match the D500 on redbook, and play SACDs - probably easier said than done (any recs? maybe a modded SCD-CD775? okay, gettin wayyy OT here).

Nathan
nmfong@hotmail.com

p.s. I haven't posted a whole lot here, but that's because I've found what I need through the great search engine (in general a rarity on bboards). Natefsu on eBay for feedback.

post-141518
Post #3 of 3

nately

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
-bump-

Still available, and possibly headed for eBay soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)