Interest check - Austin/San Antonio/Houston area fall/winter 2010-11?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

bbophead

Headphoneus Supremus
Anything scheduled in this area from now into this winter?

TIA

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 17
I think there is usually a large meet that is held in Dallas in the beginning of the year, maybe January/February. Any additional information on meets though would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 17
Dallas meet is usually one of the last 2 Saturdays in January. Bit of a drive for San Antone/Houston though. The Dallas meet thread should be starting up in about a month or so. I'm really looking forward to getting back down there and hearing what's new, and possibly bringing my own piece of new this time.

While I wouldn't call it large, we typically have about 10 tables of gear and 15-20 members, some with gear, some without. Let's say on the larger side of small.
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 17
I would love one in Austin. Seeing as I drive up there almost once a month it would be another great excuse to leave Houston for the weekend. All though I am assuming my best bet will be the one in Dallas as I could be exposed to a lot more stuff then most others, I assume.

I will keep my eyes open for any meets.

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 17
I'm guessing a couple of things would have to happen.  We'd have to have enough equipment show up to make it worth everyone's while.  Where would any of the interesting high-end stuff come from, like Audeze, Hi-Fi Man, etc.?  Also, someone would have to organize it (unfortunately, I'm not your guy) and have a venue, Brad Avenson, anybody else?  It does seem like a hill to climb.  Suggestions?

For myself, all I've got is Grado 325is and some very old Stax plus a Peachtree Audio Nova dac/headphone/preamp.  A friend has Grado GS-1000 with Vincent HP amp.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 17
Build it and they will come. Trust me.

Find an appropriate venue, schedule it, promote it (here) and the "interesting high-end stuff" will show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back