Interest Check: Audio Technica W100
post-160198
Post #1 of 5

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
My family's coming to visit me. You know what this means. Yup, spring cleaning time, where all the expensive-looking toys go. In having to choose between owning four pairs of headphones or keeping one videogame console, I have to say quantity is going to be the deciding factor here.

So I'm thinking of selling my AudioTechnica AT-W100 brown beauties. They are:
1. five months old;
2. broken in for over 275 hours; and
3. in excellent condition with one 1mm tiny hole on each side of the woodpieces. The blemish was there when I first purchased them.

[edit: When I said "hole", I meant that it is a small (1mm diameter) circular spot on the wooden earcups. It does not all the way through the wood. In fact, it is less than 1mm deep.]

Pictures will follow shortly after my midterm is over.

Please pm** me your offers. And thank you for your attention.

**After the initial PM, further discussion and/or haggling will be done through email to save head-fi bandwidth.

post-160334
Post #3 of 5

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Reaction score
post-160475
Post #4 of 5

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Wow... my ineptitude surprises even me.
I'm really sorry you guys couldn't PM me earlier. To make up for that (or distract the wild horde of angry head-fiers), here's a link to my W100 pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/pianoblack2002

[edit:] I've officially earned the Most Likely to Win the Darwin Award title. Photo album is now not set to private.
glub
blub
..see piano wallow in shame.

post-161358
Post #5 of 5

PianoBlack

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
It has just come into my attention that the spots on my headphones may mean that my headphones have failed QC, at least on the appearance level. For my part, I have demoed a store model (burned in for at least 100 hours) and I could not tell the difference between my headphones and that pair. I believe the W100 set I receive sounds lush and absorbing, but that is merely my opinion.

At this note, if anyone is willing to offer a sorta low price of $235 shipped, then it's done. If not, I am withdrawing the headphones from sale--at that loss point, it is more worthwhile to pass it on to my siblings.

Thank you for your attention.

PianoBlack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)