Interconnects Headroom Micro Amp
Nov 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 6
I think you might want to upgrade your source from a "sound card" (presumably internal) before you worry about interconnects.

Find yourself a nice dac first.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you might want to upgrade your source from a "sound card" (presumably internal) before you worry about interconnects.

Find yourself a nice dac first.

Internal sound blaster yes, but not an integrated sound card if that's what you mean.

Either way I have just recently bought the amp, and I'm not ready to splash out another 400 bucks on a DAC right now. So I take any cheapo interconnects will do fine?

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 6
At your level of equipment, definitely.

There is some debate over how much (if any) improvement can be had with fancier interconnects. If there is a difference, it's very small, and I really wouldn't think about it until the rest of the system is invested in.

Btw, you can find capable dacs for something like $200... Like the Micro DAC from HeadRoom (used).

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At your level of equipment, definitely.

There is some debate over how much (if any) improvement can be had with fancier interconnects. If there is a difference, it's very small, and I really wouldn't think about it until the rest of the system is invested in.

Btw, you can find capable dacs for something like $200... Like the Micro DAC from HeadRoom (used).

Ok thank you!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll keep my eyes peeled for one then.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 6
The cable debate is endlessly entertaining and ultimately pointless. Spend some time on the cable forums for an idea of what I mean (and spend a second thinking about the fact that head-fi prohibits discussions about double-blind testing relative to cables). Even those poor souls who believe that cables make a substantial difference will likely concede that cables should be the last thing you address to improve SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back