Outono Noite

New Head-Fier
What are your interconnects like?

IMGP2195.jpg

IMGP2196.jpg

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 10
but not in this forum.

Mar 13, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Is it my eyes or is that a mono jack you´re using?

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for the photos compliment - I thought they were pretty bad because of the poor lighting in my room.

Anyway, yes, these are mono. The story behind these is quite simple: Last year a local electronics salvage company listed some Alessandro cables on eBay for $15 for a pair of two. These cables, while used as interconnects for guitar pedals and the like, still provide a great signal path for any other electronics. So i snagged two pair (since the company had no idea what they were selling) - turns out, each small cable is worth around $25-$30 - lucky me!

Anyway, they work well as they stand but I hope to invest in some Nordost or Moon stuff after I pick up a nice LaRocco
eggosmile.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 10
I use 5m (15ft) relatively cheap "Pro series Phoenics Gold Symmetry cable" between my Denon DCD-2560 stationary and the PA2v2, dt250-80 and me in the opposite side of the room.

These double shielded cables come from my earlier car audio adventures. I plugged them in as a temporary solution but was extremely surprised to hear the old DCD-2560's transparence and rich realism coming through just as nicely as with my shorter and better cables.

Generally, my opinion is that the point of diminishing returns is reached very quickly with interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back