This is a custom built Sure Class D amp based on their latest boards.
I have built it to the highest standards:
- gold plated jacks
- teflon insulated / silver plated oxygen free pure copper wire (14 ga) internal wiring,
- Dact style 23 step volume control, with channel matching to <0.05db
- A built-in attenuator at the back green switch (in case you have a source that is really high output, and you don't have enough range on the volume control)
- 500W capacity +/- 65V DC regulated supply
- Since it is Class D, it runs about 15W idle
- Outputs 2 x 180W into 8ohm at 1% distortion, stable into 4 ohm load. I tested with my PSB Gold that dip down to 2.7 ohm and it didn't break a sweat.
- Can also be bridged for over 360W mono for an awesome sub driver
- green illuminated power button, not blinding bright
This amp sounds quite nice, it easily outperformed my Cary CAI1 integrated (yes, I had this and got rid of it, see my feedback) and this is better in every category. The soundstage and dynamics were by far better this unit, much more sublte detail comes through. I have built another one and have been using it as my primary amp to run my TV speakers.
Able to meet around Waterloo area.
Can ship across Canada for $25