1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Integra components(might have found the best budget components)

1. BoardC3
    Tonight I went to my local High end audio store askiing about possible 2channel integrateds or home receivers under $500. Right away he pointed to last years Integra 5.2 receiver which was marked down from $600 to $450. He said that this was by far the best deal in receivers under $1000, it sounded incredible for the money. I came home tonight and did some research, found a few glowing reviews about the receivers and then went to the home page. as i looked around i found that their highend amps all contained upsampled DACs, next i looked at the DVD players ALL but the cheapest one also contained upsampled. I looked around and found that one of them sells for $400 new, and actually found it in one place for $275. the most recent "bargain product" was the Philips 963sa saying that it was the cheapest cd player with upsampling at $500. Now i ask has anyone heard either the DVD players or the receivers? Im now planning on getting the 5.2 within the next month to replace my POS sony $100 surround sound receiver.

2. Zebra
    The DTR 5.2 is a direct relative of the predecessor to the Onkyo TX-SR 600 which is reported to have some power delivery issues. Check out Hometheaterforum.com for a full report on the situation. In the world of receivers I would recommend you take a close look at the Marantz products starting with the SR-6200.

I also considered the Integra's, but with a reported RMS output of 33w/ch and no pre-outs on the 5.2/5.3 I was compelled to look elsewhere. Also look at the NAD t752.