insuring equipment
Jul 2, 2002 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
I have always found it useful to list all of my audio gear serial numbers and purchase price , date purchased ,warranty information ,etc. for insurance purposes in case I was ever burgularized or had a fire.Starting from zero would suck.

For about four years now I have been using a really cool program called VisiFi that not only carries this information but automatically makes an illustration of the system connections AND labels the individual interconnects/speakers cables with the same information.Like I said , cool.

My proceedure is to insert all the information and add in new devices when I purchase them.On this disk is an actual copy of the program and the disc is then kept at a family members home for safe keeping.I also include photographs of the equipment , insurance companies can be a bitch.

Today I was inputting some new info and realized it was time to check for an upgraded program version mine being V 1.1 (up to 3.5 hehe)

So anyway , the program is available for those that are interested at

http://www.moonaudio.com/software.htm

While there today I noticed a couple of new programs that look useful
biggrin.gif

I have had the SpeakerWorks speaker positioning/fuse selector forsome time as well as the HiFi Buyer program but the new kids have real usefulness

The first one is HOME THEATER SETUP ,go there , get it , way cool
Next up is AUDIO TEST BENCH , " "

I always dig a tiny little program that does not do bad things to my computer and at the same time has true usefulness.These fit that bill

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks rickcr42 - great stuff!

Jul 3, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Awesome software, thanks rickcr42. One problem on the Audio Test Bench the spectrum analyzer and frequency plotter will not work. Anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back