Inside the Headmaster...
Aug 5, 2002 at 7:14 AM Post #31 of 43
The manual is rather useless...it says in the worst case scenario, try replacing the battery.
rolleyes.gif
It can't even just come out and say "send it in if you tried all the above and it's still dead".

Aug 5, 2002 at 8:31 AM Post #32 of 43
Wow, beaten to it! You sure demolished your Headmaster
smily_headphones1.gif
I think you have a better camera than I have access to so extra pics are kinda redundant now. Also not many parts were labeled.

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:25 AM Post #34 of 43
Channels? The only one I reside on is the #headphones one. By interesting stuff I mean within the #headphones channel.

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:31 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Also not many parts were labeled.

Parts are labeled alright... When I have enough money to buy one for myself, I'll probably reconstruct the schematic just for fun of it.

Aug 5, 2002 at 3:45 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by zzz
Parts are labeled alright... When I have enough money to buy one for myself, I'll probably reconstruct the schematic just for fun of it.

did you do that for your hp4 yet so eric can build me one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

also, ever get that attenuator installed?

Aug 5, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #37 of 43
Vertigo-1: Thanks for the pics. The Headmaster is obviously a fine construction. Nice shielded wires, input relays, symmetrical design, large buffer capacitors, high quality connectors... I guess, I want one!
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 5, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
did you do that for your hp4 yet so eric can build me one?
very_evil_smiley.gif

also, ever get that attenuator installed?

HP4 comes with a schematic, so there was no need to reconstruct it
wink.gif
. The problem is with the transformers: there's not much known about them. It's probably possible to construct the circuit (or maybe *cough* analyze it...) and figure out what the transformers have to be, but I don't feel like it yet.

Now about the attenuator: I had a huge rant written about it, but I don't feel like sharing right now. No, I haven't installed CT2 or any other SA. In fact, I ended up not even ordering one, because after talking to the distributors we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't do much good to me. Maybe later.

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by flashbak
I've entered the #Headphones channel 3 times over the last 2 days, only to find I'm the only person present. Where's all the action?

...on efnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back