Inquiry re: TTVJ Slim and Headstage Arrow 12HE Bass
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Physther

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a newb to amps in general but have been reading diligently the various posts on TTVJ slim and Headstage Arrow 12HE.  My setup is my iphone 4 -> TTVJ Slim -> Grado se325i 50th anniversary vs. Etymotic ER4P (with "S" cable when listening to jazz/classical).  I've been using primarily apple lossless files though DO use 192kb MP3's from the good-ole Itunes/Amazon MP3 stores. 

That being said, I JUST received my TTVJ Slim a few days ago (for which is has yet to be "broken in") and I NOW realize/understand a bit more how a WARM sound is supposed to sound!  It sounds excellent with R&B, Soul, Jazz, Hip Hop, Funk, Classical, and Rock!!  It was the answer to my ER4P's clarity but lacking "oomph."  I JUST received the Grados and the TTVJ slim drives them effortlessly as well! I LOVE the clarity and seperation of instruments/detail obtained from the Grados>Etys.  (I'm waiting for Westone 3's in the mail)

There IS a BUT:  I'm a bass-loving guy especially listening to my Soul/Hip Hop recordings!  I was wondering if anybody could provide me with insight as to how the Headstage Arrow 12HE Bass toggle would affect the bass response in relation to how the TTVJ Slim already enhances it?  Would I get a better/deeper bass response than I get with the TTVJ Slim? 

From my understanding from reading, the "II" toggle on the arrow would inc. bass by ~9dB but would that be substantial in comparison to how much bass the TTVJ slim adds to recordings?

I have NO complaints whatsoever with the TTVJ Slim but I guess I have the case of - not necessarily upgraditis, but moreso want-more-bass-itis though keeping the same amount of clarity (itis?). 

Any help would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jun 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #2 of 4
If you like to get more bass from the same setup then add ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo cable and it will bringout more details, widen the soundstage and improve overall clarity with more quantity deep, punchy bass. But for pure bass bliss i will recommend this setup S:Flo 2 + ALO AMPs II + ALO 18AWG Jumbo Cryo + Sennheiser IE8.

Jun 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 4

[size=medium]
pardon my ignorance, but will a pure cryo cable really affect the sound signature of the sound? 

i've always been interested in improving my set up, but my understanding is limited on how sound clarity is improved by using such a connector - how is bass extended and soundstage improved? 

[/size]

Quote:
If you like to get more bass from the same setup then add ALO 18AWG Pure Cryo cable and it will bringout more details, widen the soundstage and improve overall clarity with more quantity deep, punchy bass. But for pure bass bliss i will recommend this setup S:Flo 2 + ALO AMPs II + ALO 18AWG Jumbo Cryo + Sennheiser IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back