Inexpensive ipod bud replacement?
Nov 11, 2008 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
My girlfriend's ipod headphones broke and I'd like to buy some better replacements for her. Any suggestions?

She would prefer earbud style, not IEM or over-the-ear because she wears them at work so can't be isolated and doesn't want it to be very obvious that she is wearing headphones. She doesn't need or want an amp. As long as they sound as good or better than the stock ipod headphones, she'll be happy.

She wouldn't want me to spend over $50 and ~$20 would be better. Any suggestions? Are the Sennheiser MX 560/660/760 good?

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 6
well, they are over your budget, but the Yuin PK3 is the ultimate iBud replacement, both for SQ and comfort.

alternately, there's a lot of new earbud models coming out from both Sennheiser (the MX 80 Sport II looks interesting) and AKG (there's a whole new K3xx product line coming up), but there are no reviews out yet for most of those.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 6
I like my JVC HA-FX130 for the money I paid for them. Not really PK3 level but still decent.

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 6
I think she would like the sound of JVC HA-F130. Oh, and she would love the color choice.
wink.gif

Edit: Well, ClieOS was faster.

Nov 11, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 6
The JVC HA-F240 Air cushion buds are about $10. I just bought a pair but don't have them yet so I can't say how good they sound. I really only bought them to take the air cushions and use them on my better earbuds. They should be pretty good sounding.
http://resources.jvc.com/DocumentImages/00/00/08/07.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back