inexpensed phones for walking and riding bike
Jul 2, 2005 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

crazyboarder

100+ Head-Fier
under 50 dollors and i lessen to rock and the will be like beater phones

Jul 2, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 15
I 2nd the porta pros --- $39 at circuit city is where I found them!

Jul 3, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 15
I think the Koss KSC75 really fits the bill here. It can be found for $15-$20 pretty easily and performs way better than the price would suggest. It's a very light, over the ear clip-on with a pretty open design. It's easy to maintain awareness of your surroundings. And it's great for rock!

Jul 3, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 15
KSC75's if you don't mind reattaching the driver housing to the earclip all the time, and they're $11 at Meijer right now. Portapro-2's if you need something that'll last forever. They're $30 at circuit city.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #9 of 15
Wow, I'm surprised that no one has reccomended the px-100's. I thought that atleast one person would have reccomended them. Is their popularity falling off (I hope not). But o well I geuss I will be the first. They are great beater phones, mine have taken quite a beating since i throw them in my bag daily and just plop them around. They sound really good for the price and are great for biking since you can easily hear what is around you, like cars and such.

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 15
Yeah, why don't people recommend the PX100's? While we're at it, how do the PX100 compare to the KSC75. I've been thinking of getting some small portable headphones and can't decide between these two, and maybe the PX200.

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Yeah, why don't people recommend the PX100's? While we're at it, how do the PX100 compare to the KSC75. I've been thinking of getting some small portable headphones and can't decide between these two, and maybe the PX200.

I persoanlly can't recommend them because I haven't heard them. I've heard the KSC55 and 75. And neither of those cost more than $20. That's why I recommended those.

I would like to hear the PX100, but I figure that I'm happy with the Koss headphones for portable use, so why bother? It'll likely end up costing me more money.
biggrin.gif

edit:

And to further express my love for the KSC75, I believe that they are THE BEST bang-for-the-buck headphone out there, including the Grado SR-60 (which I also own). The Grados are very nice, but for $20, the KSC75 simply cannot be beaten, IMHO. If I had found them sooner, I could have saved a bunch of money that I wasted on other buds/canalphones.

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
And to further express my love for the KSC75, I believe that they are THE BEST bang-for-the-buck headphone out there, including the Grado SR-60 (which I also own). The Grados are very nice, but for $20, the KSC75 simply cannot be beaten, IMHO. If I had found them sooner, I could have saved a bunch of money that I wasted on other buds/canalphones.

$20? You overpaid! I got mine for $13 and change.
cool.gif

I got my Alessandro MS-1 first. When I tried the KSC75, I was surprised that they didn't embarrass themselves in comparison. They sound pretty good. Amazing for the cost actually.

The KSC35 is also highly regarded. They sound great, but I don't like the clip. It's solid plastic and looks fragile. The KSC75 uses a thick metal wire encased in rubber. It's sturdy and adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back