InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 23, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #2,071 of 3,191
I have the same problem as you Erecent, the first time I wore the IEM, it hits the bottom of my ear canal when I move my jaw. It's like something poking inside my ear canal. Then I tested it out like a week later, it didn't seem as bad as before, but still a little tight. So I sent it back and told them to shave the ear canal, also one side of my IEM is louder than the other.

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #2,073 of 3,191
Quote:

Get the tf10vi cable.... thats what i will probably end up doing... It sucks that CH cant do the mic.. :-/

westone sells a mic'ed version of their cables, imho is way better than the UE's cables

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #2,075 of 3,191
Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll wear the customs around for a week or so before i decide if i should send it back for a refit :)

Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

I brought my impressions and the customs to the audiologist.

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #2,076 of 3,191
Quote:

Also, Ive said this before but consider taking them to your audiologist if you had one make your impressions. They can help you pinpoint the location and identify it on your Custom so that you are in the exact spot. I know it is hard to feel the pain in your ear and relate that to the same spot on the custom, it helps having someone else. Plus, my audiologist was able to simply buff them down a slight bit until we got a perfect fit. No charge from mine.

The problem is that my audiologist is several thousand miles away in my home country :frowning2: I don't suppose any other audiologist will be so kind to provide that service if i didn't have my impression done by them in the first place :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #2,077 of 3,191
Quote:
Yes the CH cables are the best cables out there for the money, and my fav cable for the TF10 for sure.

I'm going to be going with a CH cable. Do you have any recommendations on which plug to choose?

I like the looks of some of those sheaths shown on his blogpage, but CH recommends against it, and besides, it probably would increase cable noise.

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,078 of 3,191
I like the neutrik right angle plugs it's part of my portable setup so it's nice and low profile.  I had the viablue they were nice quality but huge.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #2,080 of 3,191
Just think of those mini carrots except maybe not as long..that's about how big the body is.

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #2,081 of 3,191
Quote:

If it's any consolation, my audiologist basically refused to touch them.  I can understand that as any problems later down the line would leave them open to complaint.

Should be able to get photos up later hopefully.  Had been playing around with them and I can get a more or less perfect fit (though I haven't tried for long periods yet) without the cable fitting.  If I put the cable back on I have no chance.  Been in touch with fisher so will see where we go from here.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2,082 of 3,191
Ok so here are some slightly blurry photos.  Was trying to get a shot of what I think the problem is.  The cable connecter on the left hand side basically doesn't have enough space to clear the ear. 

Clear Blue Triple fi 10 and Solid Black Westone 2's :-

Westone 2 in left ear, not sure if you'll be able to see how much that connector is touching the side of the ear, but thats what the problem is :-

I would have thought that the whole iem would have been more evenly flush than that so the whole inner ear is filled out if that makes sense, but I don't really know.

Again similar problem with the Triple fi 10

So there you go, that's where I'm at at the moment.  Will post this link to fisher as well so they can see what I mean.

All shots were on the left hand side.  I'm a little surprised now looking at the triplefi and westone of just how much difference there is in the fitment.  

Oh and please ignore the date/time stamps on the photo, I'm not some time traveller from three years in the future, so no I can't tell you what the winning lottery numbers are!

Cheers.

Thanks

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,083 of 3,191
Quote:
I have the same problem as you Erecent, the first time I wore the IEM, it hits the bottom of my ear canal when I move my jaw. It's like something poking inside my ear canal. Then I tested it out like a week later, it didn't seem as bad as before, but still a little tight. So I sent it back and told them to shave the ear canal, also one side of my IEM is louder than the other.

So fisher fixed the balance issue?

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #2,084 of 3,191
Quote:
Ok so here are some slightly blurry photos.  Was trying to get a shot of what I think the problem is.  The cable connecter on the left hand side basically doesn't have enough space to clear the ear. 

Clear Blue Triple fi 10 and Solid Black Westone 2's :-

Westone 2 in left ear, not sure if you'll be able to see how much that connector is touching the side of the ear, but thats what the problem is :-

I would have thought that the whole iem would have been more evenly flush than that so the whole inner ear is filled out if that makes sense, but I don't really know.

Again similar problem with the Triple fi 10

So there you go, that's where I'm at at the moment.  Will post this link to fisher as well so they can see what I mean.

All shots were on the left hand side.  I'm a little surprised now looking at the triplefi and westone of just how much difference there is in the fitment.  

Oh and please ignore the date/time stamps on the photo, I'm not some time traveller from three years in the future, so no I can't tell you what the winning lottery numbers are!

Cheers.

Thanks

It seems like Fisher should remake the entire reshell by making the entire ear cavity "thicker" so that the faceplate will sit higher off the ear to give your cables some clearance. I think someone on this thread had the same issue and Fisher adjusted the connector so that it became slightly crooked. In the end its not as aesthetically pleasing because its not as low profile but atleast you are comfortable and the cable won't mess with your fit.

Also I'm not sure if you've tried bending the connector a little bit. For mine I bent it a little bit so the cable doesn't press against my ear that much and it works fine and just as comfortable. Obviously you shouldn't bend it all that much because the prongs might snap or something, but maybe it'll fix your problem if you haven't tried it already.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2,085 of 3,191
Quote:

what did the audiologist use to "buff them down"? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back