InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #1,111 of 3,191
So, I did a forum search already, but I wanted to ask those of you more experienced than myself. How do I determine if I have a good seal? 

I tried the sensaphonics test with the 500hz vs. 50hz and I can definitely hear both. Arguably the 500 is louder but its also much higher in frequency which might make it seem more prevalent?

I'm not too sure what people refer to a "pop" when they put their CIEMs in/take them out. I can feel the bass in my headphones, but I'm not sure if I'm getting a complete seal. I can definitely hear stuff albeit not very loudly. I guess for reference, I can turn on my speakers to a medium volume (about what you would listen to normally, not blasting). When I put my reshells in with no music, I can hear the music clearly but it sounds probably half as loud? With the music on the lowest volume on my iphone4, I can't hear the speakers playing.

Any advice? The seal doesn't break if I chew normally, but if I extend my jaw as wide as I can, the volume decreases and sound is less full. I'm guessing that's normal because I'm definitely changing my ear canal shape. Also, I read somewhere on the forums that if you don't have a complete seal, when you walk, it is "painful". Not sure what that means? Should I not be able to hear my footsteps? I can hear them a little though its definitely not overwhelming nor am I distracted by it.

These are my first CIEMs so pardon my basic questions! Its hard to qualify what is a "complete" seal vs. an incomplete one. The fit is near perfect in my opinion. There is no pain even though its my first time with CIEMs, and they feel very comfortable. Thanks for the help!

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,112 of 3,191
Should be like a vacuum-suction type feeling imho.  The only time I slightly lose a seal is when I lay down to do a bench press.

Mar 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,114 of 3,191
I get a bit of a vacuum, but I can "hear" the air leaking in after I push them all the way in. Does that make sense? To be honest though, I tried listening to my TF10 reshells while pushing them in to ensure a "seal" and these ignorant ears can't really tell the difference. 

I put my head back like you would during bench press, and sometimes I can hear a vacuum break, sometimes I don't. Well, I'm not a huge basshead anyways. Hm, thanks for both of your input anyhow!

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,115 of 3,191
I personally don't like the super suction seal myself. I actually have a pair that has super suction seal and another pair that seal well but not quite as much vacuum. I like the pair that doesn't isolate quite as well for long term insertion. Plus, I use them shooting my guns and they still seal plenty well. I still get plenty of bass also.

My lame test was to find a spot on the radio dial with no station and even static. Then I put my customs in and turned up the volume until I could hear the static. Then did it with some of my universals. I was still having to turn the volume up higher on the customs before I heard that static compared to the universals but it was close. My customs that I consider to have that suction feeling and a better seal actually only isolate slightly better.

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,116 of 3,191
Received on Feb 3
Finished Mar 12
On the way now

Forgot to charge me for cable so I had to call back and add that....wondering if the remolds were made with the cable socket now  o_O

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,118 of 3,191
I think it should be $145, but maybe they'll take some off for that.  Or at least add for artwork.

Quote:
Hey guys, I am going to reshell my jh 13 and with the group buy what will the total add up to? Is it $145? Or is it $85?

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,120 of 3,191
oops, I changed my reply $85 is for universal to custom remold.  $150 is for remold of someone elses mold..

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,122 of 3,191
This

Quote:
Anybody know why the reshelling service costs 150 dollars for a previous hard-shelled custom? 

Quote:
no, it's only for other manufacturers... this is a recent increase. We don't see that many and according to the technicians, they take twice as long to reconfigure and remove from the already custom housing.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #1,123 of 3,191
I called the other day. It is $150 for reshelling a custom already in a shell but the group buy gets you 10% off. So $135 for just the reshell. Shipping is going to be $10, and so will a custom color. You do get free single color artwork though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back