InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #932 of 3,191
I do need to apologize for the short and semi rude return e-mails... I have been battling an up and down illness and usually when I get back to work there are so many e-mails I try to answer all of them and as quick as possible.

I have been feeling better and I am going to get caught up on the e-mails soon. :)

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #933 of 3,191

Quote:
I do need to apologize for the short and semi rude return e-mails... I have been battling an up and down illness and usually when I get back to work there are so many e-mails I try to answer all of them and as quick as possible.

I have been feeling better and I am going to get caught up on the e-mails soon. :)

I still love you Kaysen, but I do miss my TF10's. Tomorrow is my 2 week date since they arrived, almost 3 weeks without them.
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #934 of 3,191
I think Fisher Hearing is pretty backed up, so the turnaround time is about 4 weeks or so. Just hang in there. I got mine in a little under 4 weeks or so.

Quote:
Quote:

I still love you Kaysen, but I do miss my TF10's. Tomorrow is my 2 week date since they arrived, almost 3 weeks without them.
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #935 of 3,191

Quote:
I think Fisher Hearing is pretty backed up, so the turnaround time is about 4 weeks or so. Just hang in there. I got mine in a little under 4 weeks or so.

4 weeks is what I expected, me and my TF10 have bonded, so this long distance relationship is hard on both of us.
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #936 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:

4 weeks is what I expected, me and my TF10 have bonded, so this long distance relationship is hard on both of us.
wink_face.gif

I hate to be the one to bring the bad news, but if your customs need a refit, you'll be separated another couple weeks. haha. :frowning2:

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #938 of 3,191
Is anyone in this thread planning on buying the Serene hearing aid dryer?

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #939 of 3,191
The reshells came out great! I had asked for a bluish/greenish color and I'm pretty happy with the result (I like to keep things simple..and the color will match the UE cable over time :p). Taking a closer look at the shape, I am wow'd by how different my ears are from each other. The fit is quite snug, and I can maintain a seal opening/closing my mouth and moving my head. I had done the impressions myself with an Aurisonics kit so I was a bit worried but the result seems pretty good. Soundwise, I think it is the same as the original TF10, though I'm going to need to listen to them for a while to get used to the narrower soundstage as I've been using circumaural headphones for a while. The clarity of the mids and punchy bass are still there and are what I've missed the most from these earphones. Hope to see some of the other ones from the group buy in the coming week.

edit: After wearing these on and off, I've found the right ear piece to be uncomfortable. The canal portion is actually angled more than the left ear piece, which leads me to wonder if its placing more stress in my ear (since the left ear is comfy, whereas the right ear gets tiring quickly). Maybe need a refit?

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #940 of 3,191
Very nice color selection. Sorry about that right monitor not being comfortable.

Mine turned out quite snug, too. Actually, I think that is a good thing, but it does leave less room for imperfection in the fit. In fact, I can eat and drink with mine without breaking the seal, but there is no discomfort at all. If I did have any, I'd definitely have another set of impressions made - in my case by an audiologist...

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #941 of 3,191
I just got my reshells back and while I have no complaints about the fit or sound, I'm a little disappointed in how the coloring turned out. I asked for a transparent red+blue swirl like this: http://columbia300.com/images/uploads/product_regular/cache/Ball_Freeze_RedBlue-%281219%29-260x260.png which turned out predominantly red. I also requested a grey face plate and red logo which turned outor not almost clear, resulting in IEMs with a red logo against a red body. I don't know if this is caused by miscommunication or not, you think I should try and get them fixed?

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #942 of 3,191
^Did you pay for the service of custom color, which is what the swirl would fall under.  If so, and you think it's worth the longer wait, then by all means go for it.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #944 of 3,191
Actually, I think they look pretty good. Personally, I wouldn't be sweating the fact that the body is mostly red, and isn't what you were anticipating. They look nice, nevertheless.  However, I agree, the red logo does not contrast the face plate enough -- that is an issue.

That being said, I think you should primarily weigh the fact that these IEMs fit well, perform well, and do not appear to have any defects. Also, you should consider that InEarZ may not be able to  closely reproduce the ballfreeze swirl, and that the finish and performance of another reshell may not equal this one's finish and performance.

Of course, in the final analysis, it is your money you have spent, your time you have waited and maybe will wait, and your satisfaction that must be met.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #945 of 3,191
I think they look pretty good too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back