InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #2,971 of 3,191
I'm considering reshelling my Westone W3s and adding a fourth (Hi frequency) driver. I'd like to tone-down the pronounced mid-bass hump that relegated the W3s to a shelf in my closet.

I noticed that several folks on this thread reshelled W3s, can anyone comment on whether Fisher tamed the exaggerated bass by adding a fourth driver and (presumably) a suitable crossover?

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #2,972 of 3,191
I'm considering reshelling my Westone W3s and adding a fourth (Hi frequency) driver. I'd like to tone-down the pronounced mid-bass hump that relegated the W3s to a shelf in my closet.

I noticed that several folks on this thread reshelled W3s, can anyone comment on whether Fisher tamed the exaggerated bass by adding a fourth driver and (presumably) a suitable crossover?

I'm almost positive they will not add drivers but the can add certain dampeners in the tubes to adjust your taste

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2,974 of 3,191
Yup! Those for sure look like ear impressions thats for sure! So send those little buggers in! They won't be able to tell much by a picture, and as long as they got past the second bend they are fine!

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,975 of 3,191
I need new impressions for a re-fit and asked to get deeper canal impressions in order to have larger canals made. Anyone know of a audiologist close to Peterborough/Oshawa/Toronto that is familiar with the impressions process as it relates to the parameters in-earz requires? I had a place in town here do it, but you could tell the guy was a bit new at impressions for CIEMS. We did them twice, but here I am needing a re-fit so I'm looking around. Note, I'm looking for a pro to do this, as I do not believe there is sufficient safety and oversight in self-impressions.

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #2,976 of 3,191
I need new impressions for a re-fit and asked to get deeper canal impressions in order to have larger canals made. Anyone know of a audiologist close to Peterborough/Oshawa/Toronto that is familiar with the impressions process as it relates to the parameters in-earz requires? I had a place in town here do it, but you could tell the guy was a bit new at impressions for CIEMS. We did them twice, but here I am needing a re-fit so I'm looking around. Note, I'm looking for a pro to do this, as I do not believe there is sufficient safety and oversight in self-impressions.

The biggest thing you need to be concerned with in getting any impressions is to just ket them know it needs to get beyond the second bend of the canal! If it doesnt thwre will always be issues!

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #2,977 of 3,191
Hey guys! I have recently sent in a UERM for reshell and I was told the process would take ~ 4 weeks. Are the estimates usually accurate or on the safe side i.e. you get the reshell before 4 weeks. Any ideas? 
redface.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #2,979 of 3,191

Go to Hear Toronto at Bayview and Eglinton. They have plenty of experience with CIEM impressions, $75 for a set.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,981 of 3,191
  Hey guys! I have recently sent in a UERM for reshell and I was told the process would take ~ 4 weeks. Are the estimates usually accurate or on the safe side i.e. you get the reshell before 4 weeks. Any ideas? 
redface.gif

I sent my UERM in for a reshell as well...  I never received a email with an estimate of when it would be done, just a bill, which i paid. (Thanks eldss!) Also never received a email saying along the lines of  "we are finished and shipping them out to you...", which they do, because my buddy received that email one 1 week before me.

I did receive them March 30th I believe?  Took around 4 weeks, almost 5, no problem I'm patient. There is a fit issue, again no problem I'm sure it can be fixed.  Main issue is one side sounds different from the other.  Not at a fit issue type sound difference, but almost as if a filter or something isn't at the same depth as the other side.  When I received the UERM from original owner I was able to get them to seal evenly, so I know they worked great then.  Bummer there is a issue now.  Hopefully the issue is something like a filter? IDK, hoping for the best.

A day after (March 31st) receiving the reshell from Inearz I decided to email them to get the ball rolling on what to do (Also asked if they could reshell another CIEM I had).  Days go by, no email back.  Ok no problem everyone is busy... I following up (April 6th)... Still no email 
frown.gif
      Today (April 8th), I finally call to see what form needs to be filled out and what other info they need about my issue.

Anyways, sorry if this is tough to read, just a bit of a scatter brain.  If anyone is interested in a update later down the road just let me know and I'll be happy to keep things updated.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,982 of 3,191

I sent my UERM in for a reshell as well...  I never received a email with an estimate of when it would be done, just a bill, which i paid.  Also never received a email saying along the lines of  "we are finished and shipping them out to you...", which they do, because my buddy received that email one 1 week before me.

I did receive them March 30th I believe?  Took around 4 weeks, almost 5, no problem I'm patient. There is a fit issue, again no problem I'm sure it can be fixed.  Main issue is one side sounds different from the other.  Not at a fit issue type sound difference, but almost as if a filter or something isn't at the same depth as the other side.  When I received the UERM from original owner I was able to get them to seal evenly, so I know they worked great then.  Bummer there is a issue now.  Hopefully the issue is something like a filter? IDK, hoping for the best.

A day after (March 31st) receiving the reshell from Inearz I decided to email them to get the ball rolling on what to do (Also asked if they could reshell another CIEM I had).  Days go by, no email back.  Ok no problem everyone is busy... I following up (April 6th)... Still no email 
frown.gif
      Today (April 8th), I finally call to see what form needs to be filled out and what other info they need about my issue.

Anyways, sorry if this is tough to read, just a bit of a scatter brain.  If anyone is interested in a update later down the road just let me know and I'll be happy to keep things updated.

They always tell you the estimated wait time on the invoice. It's easy to miss, but when you the invoice from them, it says it at the bottom. Good luck. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,984 of 3,191

I sent my UERM in for a reshell as well...  I never received a email with an estimate of when it would be done, just a bill, which i paid. (Thanks eldss!) Also never received a email saying along the lines of  "we are finished and shipping them out to you...", which they do, because my buddy received that email one 1 week before me.

frown.gif

I had a similar issue with sound and their customer service it seems to me that their statement "We first test the pair of IEM’s/CIEM’s to make sure they are performing correctly and that there is no damage(if damaged you will be contacted before production), then we remove the internal speakers and crossovers and transfer them to your shells made specifically for you. Then we test them again to make sure they produce the same sound you grew to love so much before they were customs" seem a bit bullsh*t and is made worse by the fact that there is no communication. It would be great if they actually sent the measurements they take, both before and after so it can actually be verified that a: there isn't an issue with the IEM before they even attempt a reshell and b: to see what if any the sound changed and to actually verify that there isn't an issue with the re-assembly. Overall the entire process lacks transparency for a service that is prone to have issues and takes a long time.

Currently I'm waiting for some accoustic tubing and epoxy and I plan on fixing the issues myself, next time I'll probably just order some shells from vibro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back