InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #61 of 3,191
Thanks! The very detailed pictures above have helped me identify the extra driver that Unique Melody had added to my triple fi's. The picture above shows two distinct driver housings. The one on the right (with 3 solder points) has to be the treble driver. The bigger housing to the left (with 4 solder points) must hold the two bass drivers. Mine has a 3rd even bigger housing, wrapped together with the bass housing. That bigger housing must contain the mid driver.

You can see the clear wrapping I'm referring to in my pictures above. The medium sized housing has the "UEXXX####" print as above.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #63 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks nice! So you flattened the pins right?

The funny thing is that the cable I show - currently doesn't work with those iem's. I sent it into Fisher hearing, but they didn't mod that cable - though I specifically asked them to. It's tricky because the pins are recessed in their own socket - and if I crimp the pins, I may still not get sound because the pins may not go in deep enough.

I've been trading e-mails with Kaysen to see how this can be resolved - because that's the cable I plan to use day in and day out. I'd also sent a cheaper cable along - and that's what I'm using in the meantime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
polloloco, what is the combination of color for your custom? translucent black with clear faceplate? i have the exact color for my custom, but its made by UM and on its way

That's the color combination I asked for. I'm curious to see how yours looks - if the center of the body ends up clear like mine. Are you getting a mid driver from UM - or even a TF18?

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #65 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope. just pure remolding. looks like yours only have the translucent black on the outer layer of the shell?

The outer layer, and completely around the nozzle and the part that locks into the top of your ear. I'd asked for everything but the face plate to be translucent black - so I was surprised that the inner layer ended up clear as well. Like I said - I still think it looks good.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #66 of 3,191
tmt88.jpg

OsmYx.jpg

siXJf.jpg

Click for big

Click for big

They didn't turn out as pretty as I was hoping. The fit is good. Maintains a seal when I open my mouth and move my head around. It does sound right-heavy. For instance, voices seem to be slightly right of center.

Sound is good. Nothing about the sound seems super impressive. The bass is there, but not huge. The highs are there, but again, not screaming. The mids are there, and for some reason slightly right of center. It is probably a good thing that I don't notice anything right away. I'm sure my appreciation will grow when I relax a bit to listen to the music (I just got home from work.)

Oh, and to give you guys an idea on the wait, I shipped them out the 30th of December, and just got them back today.

Overall cost:
$99 for triple.fi 10s
$50 for impressions
$97 for reshell
So, less than $250 total, I'd say it was a pretty good deal; especially since I was considering the UE10s.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #67 of 3,191
Sorry these pics aren't the best quality but I wanted to post them anyways. I've boxed mine up for some fixing by Fisher and they are on the way back to them today. I posted my whole experience in the original thread.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #68 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannynjoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry these pics aren't the best quality but I wanted to post them anyways. I've boxed mine up for some fixing by Fisher and they are on the way back to them today. I posted my whole experience in the original thread.

Sorry to hear about your problems with them. Here are pictures of mine and they're back at Fisher as well to hopefully be fixed.

FWIW, anyone with sounds seeming to be off to one side or the other, it probably is. Fisher seems to have trouble balancing their IEMs and doesn't check them on the SPL machine unless you specifically request it (multiple times).

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #69 of 3,191
Quote:

Danny, what color is that? Also, can everyone who has posted photos please specify which color they got? It would really help people like me who are trying to decide which color to get. Thanks.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #70 of 3,191
Quote:

Jesus, where are the stems?!

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #71 of 3,191
For my color, I just told Kaysen Dark Transparent Blue and also referred to Gunther's. I like the way they look when they are in my ears. I was going to go one red and one blue - I'm glad I didn't.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #72 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus, where are the stems?!

I know, right? I was wondering the same thing. Mine don't go deep at all. I was going to bring it up to Kaysen but figured maybe it's just my ear canals are too small. Do you guys think they should go deeper?

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #73 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear about your problems with them. Here are pictures of mine and they're back at Fisher as well to hopefully be fixed.

FWIW, anyone with sounds seeming to be off to one side or the other, it probably is. Fisher seems to have trouble balancing their IEMs and doesn't check them on the SPL machine unless you specifically request it (multiple times).

that's very ugly. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back