InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Nov 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,221 of 3,191
I'm sure everybody would like to see some pics of your ciem's
popcorn.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,222 of 3,191
Quote:
Just received mine and its perfect. The finish is brilliant. I don't think UM could have done it any better for twice the price. The customer service is top notch. There was some issue with the return shipment which was handled very efficiently by Kaysen.

I have to say, simply amazing in every way. Everyone should give them a chance
gs1000.gif

I dont think anyone can be surprised with return shipping issues to Neverland :wink:

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #2,223 of 3,191

Here are the pics. Me, wearing it in the profile pic. Excuse the quality of images taken with my phone

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #2,224 of 3,191
I have done it... I will certainly not do it again. They sent me back to get ears impression twice. They remolded my TF10 about 6 or 7 times. Even after that, the fit was just "ok" and the sound was not equal on each side but I gave up sending them back again. The bass sounded much better before.

They also broke my Luna silver cable when they plugged it in and they sent it to me like that. The plastic started cracking around the connectors after just a few weeks. Now, I year latter, there is corrosion in the connector on one side, I have no bass anymore on the other side...

They are just on the edge of my garbage bin.

I loved the TF10 as they were... I shouldn't have taken that risk.

I am now looking to buy another set of TF10 that will remain a TF10 this time.

I thought that at around 100$ this was cool... At the end it has cost me over 400$ (with the 200$ TF10 and many shipping) and I have nothing left.

Don't lose you money on this...

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #2,225 of 3,191
I will like to share my experience here. I had an XBA-3 which I was not using much and planning to sell. At the same time I was curious to find out about CIEM experience. I live in India so there are no options at all.

- I first got a quote from UM of about 210 including shipping and exactly when I was about to pull the trigger I had an emergency and no cash.

- Meanwhile I found about Inearz and PM'ed Lil Fish for a quote and instructions. Including cable and shipping it was $145.

- I got an ear impressions for $3 and inquired about the shipping options. Shipping was very expensive so I decided to give Indian Postal Service a try. I was able to ship from India to Florida for $4.

- I shipped the impressions and order form on October 19th and used to check the shipment status everyday. For sometime the package was stranded in NY JFK because of the hurricane.

- The package was delivered to Inearz on 7th November and then I received the invoice. I made payment through Paypal.

- Then while shipping it back instead of Bangalore, India. Fedex sent it to Bangladesh( which is a different country). I sent a mail to Kaysen and he helped in getting it re-routed.

- Finally, it arrived on 27th November. I never expected them to come in one piece. In fact I was thinking I would never receive them or loose my money but in some ways I was prepared for that.

- Once I received them I had some problems in inserting them so I did a Youtube search and found the correct way or insertion and removal. They fit perfectly.

- It is an XBA 3, so I dont expect them to sound like JH 13 or 16 but they are much better with the re-shell.

- It has definitely been a very nice experience and thank you to INEARZ (KAYSEN) because I know now, what a CIEM experience is.

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #2,226 of 3,191
Quote:
I have done it... I will certainly not do it again. They sent me back to get ears impression twice. They remolded my TF10 about 6 or 7 times. Even after that, the fit was just "ok" and the sound was not equal on each side but I gave up sending them back again. The bass sounded much better before.
They also broke my Luna silver cable when they plugged it in and they sent it to me like that. The plastic started cracking around the connectors after just a few weeks. Now, I year latter, there is corrosion in the connector on one side, I have no bass anymore on the other side...
I thought that at around 100$ this was cool... At the end it has cost me over 400$ (with the 200$ TF10 and many shipping) and I have nothing left.

I'm sorry for all the troubles, I will refund at least the remold cost. You might be able to sell the remolded tf10s to someone else for remolding...

Please email me your paypal email and I will refund the charges from our company to you.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2,229 of 3,191
I sent InEarz an email last week with a few questions before sending in my TF10's for remold service and I have not heard back from them yet. Is it normal for them to take so long to respond to emails?

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,230 of 3,191
Check your spam folder. I had responses going in there.  Also you could try posting your questions here to see if we can help answer them.

Cheers

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,231 of 3,191
Quote:

That sucks. Did you get new ear impressions at least? If you didn't, there's really only so much that they can do to make it fit, if your impressions aren't good in the first place. When I got mine done 3 yrs ago, the initial fit was a little off in one ear. The physical feel/external seal was solid, but the angle of one of the nozzles was a tiny bit off, resulting in very little bass being experienced by one ear. I experimented a little (pressed in different directions on the IEMs while they were in my ear, and built up one of the nozzle ends by less than a millimeter with clear nail polish) and then sent them back in with as detailed feedback as possible with instructions to call me if there were any questions. A few days later, the owner (Kim, IIRC) called me up and I discussed with him what I felt the fit issue was. A couple days later I got my remolded TF10 back with perfect fit. Great customer service and communication from both Kim and Kaysen. Now, 3 yrs down the line the fit is no longer perfect, but that is probably because of my aging along with some "fluctuation in weight" :D

My point is, these custom IEMs have incredibly tight tolerances. A fraction of a millimeter too small in the wrong place, and you won't get good sound/seal. A fraction of a millimeter too large somewhere, and it will feel too tight/painful. Not to mention the tiny variences of the angle/radius of all the bends and curves in your ear. So, if your original ear impressions were poor, you can't really expect the IEM manufacturer to guess how to fix it. I think each new custom IEM owner should be expecting to return it for a refit at least once. If you get a perfect fit the first time, think of it as a bonus.

I haven't followed your story if you posted up on here, so sorry if I'm missing something and you've already gotten new ear impressions. But if not, I think you should definitely do that before you give up (I would have gotten new impressions to send in after the 1st refit :)

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,232 of 3,191
Yes I have been watching my spam folder but nothing showed up. Here is what my email said:

I was wanting to get my UE triple.fi 10’s remolded and just want to make sure I get everything correct.

·         They are currently stock, so the base price to upgrade them is $90, correct?
·         Are the stock detachable cord connections maintained?
·         I don’t see any kind of gallery on your webpage to show the wood plate color options. Do you have a chart or something you could send me?
·         I am also thinking about doing some custom artwork. Would the attached picture be detailed enough for you to use?
·         I also want to get some separate ear plugs done for shooting. Would you recommend the acrylic or the silicone?

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,234 of 3,191
I got my Triple.Fi's remolded over the summer, and so far the experience has been amazing. Really great fit, amazing sound quality, not a single problem using them on stage. Unfortunately today one of the internal solder points in the left ear came loose, so I have no sound in it. I called them today and was surprised to find out that even this soon after purchasing them (less than six months), I'm stuck paying $40 to get a defect repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back