INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Jan 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 484

wrathzombie

Headphoneus Supremus
I just recently got my XBA-3's reshelled through inearz who did an amazing job. For the past few months, I have been searching head-fi for the cheapest reshell option and at the time inearz seemed to be the cheapest.

The reshell including cable + return shipping (excluding impressions) was $145.

Recently, I saw something a more cheaper option. 

INEARCUSTOM

http://www.inearcustom.com/

I went to the website and sent an email and got a response from Rob Reyna who was willing to re-shell my RE-262 with standard black cable + return shipping for $114.

I think this is the cheapest re-shell option currently available. I have ear impressions and planning to re-shell my RE-262 in the next two months or so. 

Interesting findings:

- Willing to Reshell Dynamic IEM.
- Cheapest.

Does anyone have any experience with this company. Also, any impressions ?

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 484
I am pretty sure reshelling a dynamic IEM will be very risky as they will have to get the venting just right. Lets us know how it goes as this is very interesting!

Edit:

they do ask twice the price to reshell a shure se 215 which is dynamic but not others...!

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 484
Quote:
I am pretty sure reshelling a dynamic IEM will be very risky as they will have to get the venting just right. Lets us know how it goes as this is very interesting!

Edit:

they do ask twice the price to reshell a shure se 215 which is dynamic but not others...!

They have two packages for the SE 215...  One at 250 and one at 150...

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 484
I am not using my RE-262 much these days so I thought I will experiment and check it out. It will be sometime before I could share the results.

Since, I am in India re-shelling of the XBA-3 took nearly 2 months since I choose the cheapest option while shipping the impressions in and while coming back they mistakenly got re-routed to a different country. I have to sort out some things before I could ship the RE-262 in.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 484
I live in Australia and have just recieved my Shure SE535's back from Rob at www.inearcustom.com

They are fantastic! he is a true craftsman and I too have been search for someone to do this for many years.

Rob sent me the material to make 3 x impressions and I sent him back the best one for him to create the mold.

I love them!

Cheers, Chris

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #9 of 484
Worth considering, I have been looking for a cheap reshell, though I am still not 100% sure about doing my own impression, I would rather get it done by an audiologist

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #11 of 484
I will be shipping my RE-262 shortly, will keep this thread updated with the impressions once I receive them back 
biggrin.gif
. ETA approx 2 months.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #13 of 484
Yea the housing of MH1C is nice, i have to agree this.
however they keep falling out of my ears, no matter what tips i use.
I think this is my personal ear canal problem.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #15 of 484
I've shipped my Brainwavz B2 clones to Rob.. though I just sent the impressions done from a local audiologist and not his impressions kit.. he will discount $15 in this case ... besides its kinda hard to push in the cotton way in by yourselves.... just like how the audiologist did the other day. 

All together he will just charge around $120 - with cable and shipping. thats a pretty deal, however I got to do a SWIFT transfer to his account .. and his bank is charging $30 for this which Rob, the gentleman is splitting half way with me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back