Inear-replacement for my PX200
Sep 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Big_Berny

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I have a pair Sennheiser PX200 and I'm quite happy with them. The fit good for me (as I heard this is a problem for some people) and so they also sound good. There's also bass.

Now I got an iPhone so I want some smaller earphones. I bought some Etymotics ER-6i some years ago but I didn't like them because the sound was flat somehow and Triple Flange Tips sealed almost too good. I also missed the bass.

Is there any in-ear with similar sound to my PX200 you could recommend me? The price should be around 60$. Or do you recommend do buy new filters and Glider Eartips for my ER-6i?

Would be great if someone could help me making a good choice.

I only need them for portable use. At home I already have Grado SR-325i I really like.

Thanks!
Big_Berny

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 3

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry not being picky or critical here, but why are you getting rid of your PX200's and deciding to update to IEM's, I think the PX200s are really not a bad headphone and though I have never ever owned a pair I have listened to them.

Personal if I were you I would invest in a CMOY headphone amp and they make quite a significant difference in sound and will drive those PX200's beautifully, than from here perhaps down the track think of getting a good pair of IEM's.

A friend of mine here in Perth, Western Australia who is an Electronics Engineer built for me a CMOY AMP in a Blue/White Altoids tin, which uses dual WIMA Capacitors, TI/Burr Brown Dual OP AMP Chip, hand traced circuit board and many other good quality parts plus a 9V batt which powers it. All I can say is that it drives my AKG's absolutely beautifully.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 3

Big_Berny

New Head-Fier
Well I want to keep my PX200 but since I have an iPhone they are just to big to have them with me all the time. So I'm searching an headphone which fits in my pocket so that I son't need a a bag or a jacket. That would be cool for coming home after visiting some bars at the evening for example.

So also an additional amp is exactly what I don't want! By the way I also have one at home.

Users who are viewing this thread