abandoned project (moved on)
May 17, 2022 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

New Head-Fier
I have moved on from creating my own modification of an modified version of Borealis clone so of course I have deleted my TinkerCAD and the files from there. Moved onto using another already popular project that costs to get the files.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Beware, DIY 3D-printed headphones can quite easily lead to the dreaded "member of the trade" tag. Can't wait to see the resulting cans!

May 18, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 11
Beware, DIY 3D-printed headphones can quite easily lead to the dreaded "member of the trade" tag. Can't wait to see the resulting cans!
whats a "member of the trade" role? If it is what it sounds like then I dont understand why that is bad. Also my TC thing is free and idc if someone makes money out of them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 11
whats a "member of the trade" role? If it is what it sounds like then I dont understand why that is bad. Also my TC thing is free and idc if someone makes money out of them.
That was just a joke. I started with DIY and ended up with the tag because it went really well and I’m planning on making and selling them

May 20, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 11
@DeweyCH whattya think of the driver clamp?
Looks good, I’m curious to see how it actually holds the driver. I like drivers with an engraved line around them that you can click into place with just a thin extrusion in the baffle

May 21, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 11
drivers with an engraved line around them that you can click into place with just a thin extrusion in the baffle
Can u show photos of that?

For the clamp I might get that printed in PETG or TPU to ensure grip. TPU is perfect but the difficulty in printing for many will be a problem.

I will be having the stuff printed by some local printer guy and some of them can do TPU.

UPDATE: Yeah I will just have it done in TPU. Not sure about PETG.

UPDATE AGAIN: I think I understood clamp technique wrong so ill ask again.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #11 of 11
Can u show photos of that?

For the clamp I might get that printed in PETG or TPU to ensure grip. TPU is perfect but the difficulty in printing for many will be a problem.

I will be having the stuff printed by some local printer guy and some of them can do TPU.

UPDATE: Yeah I will just have it done in TPU. Not sure about PETG.

UPDATE AGAIN: I think I understood clamp technique wrong so ill ask again.
IMG_3269.jpg

Here's a driver I have with the little indentation around the middle of it. Makes mounting a whole lot easier.

If you're up for the challenge, maybe make it with soft PLA to get some more flexibility and grippiness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back