Indonesia's Meet With John Frank and Rob Watts at Locanda Cafe, Jakarta - February 2015
Mar 1, 2015 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TheMiddleSky

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Few days ago we got an honor to see the real men behind Chord Electronic, they are John Frank and Rob Watts !!

So nice to talk to them, hear their "special" presentation about their philosophy, and of course a lot of info about their "crazy good" products the Hugo series.

So sorry about the picure quality as that time I only had my phone with me 
redface.gif

My friend got a lot photos too with his DSLR, hope he can join us here soon 

Here some photos from me:

John Frank listen Abyss Headphone direct from Chord Hugo TT, the TT is indeed a very powerful device as can drive Abyss beautifully.

Two BIG Boys side by side tested the Abyss

They just share A LOT of info about their products and also some "expert" audio related knowledge 

T
The mass

The mass

Rob Watts got so many questions here I guess 
tongue.gif

The little Hugo in action with ibasso DX100 and ATH AD1000 PRM

Will continue at second post for rig photos

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Well, unfortunetly I cannot capture all rigs at there, so this is all what I got:

The newest Qute !!

STAR of the show The Black Hugo TT

The Newest Burson Conductor Virtuoso. Love that volume display!

Oppo PM-3 in white

STAR of the show The Chord Hugo TT

DUO High End DAP: AK240SS with Lotoo Paw Gold

Grado's table

Hail the caps!

The tubey La Figaro

Some other awesome items that I didn't captured:
- JH Layla
- JH Angie
- Mass Kobo 394
- OPPO PM-1
- OPPO PM-2
- Sennheiser HD800
- Sennheiser HDVA600
- Beyerdynamic T1
- Hifiman HE560
- Master Dynamic MH40
- Sony NWZ-ZX2

That's all from me, let me tag you om @rudi0504 now your turn to sharing here 
biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Nico

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 10
Wow this looks great! I noticed a pair of Fostex TH-500RP's in a couple of the shots, would anyone care to comment on their sound signature? I've always been kind of interested in them. Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 10
Wow this looks great! I noticed a pair of Fostex TH-500RP's in a couple of the shots, would anyone care to comment on their sound signature? I've always been kind of interested in them. Thanks! :D

Quite warm sounding, thick mids, not too wide soundstage, good resolution/details, bass punch is quite controlled (not like audeze lcd's controlled bass punch, but quite good). No specific point in frequency range is being boosted, no fatiguing forward high, no forward upper mids, quite good actually (aside from the somehow-narrow soundstage).

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 10
Quite warm sounding, thick mids, not too wide soundstage, good resolution/details, bass punch is quite control (not like audeze lcd's controlled bass punch, but quite good). No specific point in frequency range is being boosted, no fatiguing forward high, no forward upper mids, quite good actually (aside from the somehow-narrow soundstage).

Ah I see, seems like the open-backed little brother to the TH600's. 
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 10
Ah I see, seems like the open-backed little brother to the TH600's. :p

Weirdly, it doesn't have TH600 big bass, forward upper mid, and lots of treble quantity :D.

----

Some very-very short impression:

• Another thing worth to mention, that MH40 is very musical at its price range. Not too wide soundstage, but kinda warm, thick-ish sounding. The bass is a bit too much for my taste, but it's quite awesome for its price :rolleyes:.
  • Conductor virtuoso is quite awesome too. It has the soundsig of conductor, with much much cleaner sounding.
  • Chord Hugo TT, ******** awesome!
  • Rob and John, you guys rock!!!
  • Layla, it has Roxanne's dark sounding, but with far far more detailed sounding, and the depth is freaking awesome.
  • Sony ZX2, much thicker sounding than zx1. But still has its great bigas* soundstage.

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #9 of 10
  Wow this looks great! I noticed a pair of Fostex TH-500RP's in a couple of the shots, would anyone care to comment on their sound signature? I've always been kind of interested in them. Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

TH500RPs have quite good balance through all spektrum (high,mid, and low), in fact I dare to say in tonal balance is better than both their dynamic family.

It's not type of sound that will blown you away few seconds after you heard them, it's more like sound that will comforting your ears with joy and non fatigue sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back