CANCELED Indianapolis, January 20, 2018 1PM CANCELED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 70
Well I hope you can find a venue to host us that would be great. If you have to pay for a place there is nothing wrong asking attendees to pay a small admission fee I’ve been to several meets that do to help defray the cost of the room. The Chicago meet charges $10 bucks which I think is quite responsible considering the gear most will be able to hear that they normally wouldn’t have a chance to otherwise. Just a thought but it would be great to have WiFi wherever it is Tidal is my friend.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #33 of 70
I'm looking for a place to host us for Saturday. No luck so far. 60 degrees almost on Thursday.... sweet mama... :frowning2: why couldn't thursday be Saturday we could do it in park in january LOL

Are you talking this Saturday, or still the 20th?

I am considering offering my place to host, I have a very large finished area in my basement with plenty of room to set up (I am near Indiana 32 and Hazel Dell Rd). I was trying to get some former co-workers that now run an audio lab, they have one of these guys https://www.bksv.com/en/products/transducers/ear-simulators/head-and-torso/hats-type-4128d, but the building they lease in does not allow the public in on weekends.

Also, just ordered a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PX, should be here tomorrow.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #34 of 70
Are you talking this Saturday, or still the 20th?

I am considering offering my place to host, I have a very large finished area in my basement with plenty of room to set up (I am near Indiana 32 and Hazel Dell Rd). I was trying to get some former co-workers that now run an audio lab, they have one of these guys https://www.bksv.com/en/products/transducers/ear-simulators/head-and-torso/hats-type-4128d, but the building they lease in does not allow the public in on weekends.

Also, just ordered a pair of Bowers & Wilkins PX, should be here tomorrow.

The 20th I think, weather is still snowing and 20 degrees this Saturday, so we will hope the 20th is similar or better but not worse I think.

Sucks that Thursday is perfect weather not to mention Wednesday is also nice and will melt all the roads. Yeah lets just hope the 20th works out.

That would be great... maybe we can do a potluck of snacks? I am not sure if we should avoid that because none of us want greasy fingers touching our precious gear lol... if you would be willing to host... I mean... by all means, at your command. I just want to hear some better gear for once in my life so I know what to spend my money on next. I have owned too many headphones, but all budget. I am trying to decide what my next big buy will be.

Looking forward to hearing anything and everything at this little meet.

Lets aim for the 20th everyone.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 70
Well just added the HE-500’s and Grado RS-1’s and also the 1More Quad Drivers to the mix. Still haven’t made my mind up on the Focal Clears yet but it could be a possibility.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #36 of 70
Well just added the HE-500’s and Grado RS-1’s and also the 1More Quad Drivers to the mix. Still haven’t made my mind up on the Focal Clears yet but it could be a possibility.

Nice always wanted to hear the famous HE-500. I am just hoping someone brings a high end STAX, I have always wanted to hear it since its supposed to be so "unique"

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #37 of 70
Have you heard a electrostatic headphone before?

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #38 of 70
The Koss ESP-950’s are very good. Sure not SR-009 and Blue Hawaii SE good but that will cost you $9k .

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #40 of 70
The Koss ESP-950’s are very good. Sure not SR-009 and Blue Hawaii SE good but that will cost you $9k .

I have heard the Koss ESP-950's and and a 30 year old pair of STAX called well I forget which model number they were, but they blew the Koss ESP-950's out of the water. Unfortunately they gave me a tingly feeling down my spine and arms, so the electricity was leaking from them... so I asked for a refund hahaha I don't want to die yet mates, too many ladies to snuggle with before that day comes, I hope hahahah

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #41 of 70
If it's the 20th I'll likely be able to attend, bringing Focal Elear, Jotunheim and a Mimby.

Well I can already promise you it will be the 20th at 1pm, most likely at ROCKNNS basement since he offered haha, I plan to tip him $5 for being so kind, would recommend others do same. I'd like to avoid food and drinks since this is a tiny meet up and our gear is so expensive... not worth the risk you know? If anyone wants to go out afterward, we can just google a close by place to eat or have a drink, cheers!

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #43 of 70
Did not think date and venue were firmed up already. I should be able to make it.

yep its all locked in, unless ROCKNSS has a problem with a 1pm start time on the 20th. if you can't do it ROCKNSS no worries, I can make some phone calls and figure out something.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #44 of 70
The ESP-950’s are very good and just might have a pair of SR-007’s if the wind blows right.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 70
We will plan at my house then, no money required.

Why don't those that are going to attend PM me their cell number & I will text my address and you will have my number in case you have trouble finding the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back