Incredibly confused. IEM at 50$ - V Shaped
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

oMalakai

100+ Head-Fier
Well, it´s christmas and seems like my dad is going to gift me some IEM´s, so maybe I should help him with that. But, after finding a good store here, I noticed the tons of options at that price that I have, and i´m pretty confused, I don´t know what to choose. I usually listen to DnB, Trip Hop, Metal, Jazz...but I like the V-Shape signature, I want something with GOOD bass (Especially sub bass) and nice treble, with good separation, mids are not a priority, but of course, something decent. I´m going to use the them eeveryday, so, durability should be important.
Here are the brands and models that I have : http://www.mediaplayer.cl/productos.php?cat=2&todos_r=1&cat_m=3&ordenp=1&_pagi_pg=15

(Audifonos = earphones. I need something around 20.000 - 30.000 CLP )

If someone can help with this, I will be very grateful. I did take a look on older posts, but I´m still confused.

P.D : I owned a pair of SHE-3590 and I currenly use a SHE-3500. Both amazingly good for the price, and I liked a lot their sound, however, the 3590 lacked definition sometimes, and the bass was a bit too much sometimes, also, the soundstage is pretty small, the same with depth. 3500 sounds nice, detailed, maybe needs more bass, but sounds pretty decent with everything, just a tad "artificial". Depth is pretty good IMO. As a note, seems like my ear channels are pretty small, because both IEM´s were a bit painful to wear after an hour, or more, even with small tips.

P.D 2 : From what I have read, Brainwavz and Sound Magic are good options, right?

P.D 3 : Isolation is pretty important too.

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Brainwavz and Soundmagic both have great headphones (I've yet to hear a Soundmagic though).  MEElectronics shouldn't be left out of the party either.  The Brainwavz M4 has a nice v-shape to it and can be had for around 30 during sales (keep your eyes peeled).  The MEE M-Duo can be had for around 40 while on sale (recently was I think).  

I haven't heard the Shures, so no comparisons unfortunately :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 12
  Brainwavz and Soundmagic both have great headphones (I've yet to hear a Soundmagic though).  MEElectronics shouldn't be left out of the party either.  The Brainwavz M4 has a nice v-shape to it and can be had for around 30 during sales (keep your eyes peeled).  The MEE M-Duo can be had for around 40 while on sale (recently was I think).  

I haven't heard the Shures, so no comparisons unfortunately :frowning2:

Well, I see that the M4 are still on a decent price (29.900 CLP), but, I see that the R1 and M5 have a pretty similar price, and all of them look great, but I don´t know which one is "better".

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 12

Well, I see that the M4 are still on a decent price (29.900 CLP), but, I see that the R1 and M5 have a pretty similar price, and all of them look great, but I don´t know which one is "better".

All of those are great IEMs.  The M5 didn't have a v-shape to my ears, so if you're looking for that, that would be out of question.  As for R1 vs M4, I'd say M4 all the way.  The R1 sounds a little bloated in comparison IMO.  

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 12

All of those are great IEMs.  The M5 didn't have a v-shape to my ears, so if you're looking for that, that would be out of question.  As for R1 vs M4, I'd say M4 all the way.  The R1 sounds a little bloated in comparison IMO.  

Thanks for that, M4 looks pretty good. I would take a look on some reviews of them.

For price conversions:

20 000 CLP - 35 000 CLP
(37.78 USD - 56.67 USD)

I wish I could help but I don't know much about IEMs at that price.

No worries, and thanks for the conversion, I was a bit lazy to do it :p

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #8 of 12
Well, I have on mind now the M4, but I read somewhere that the Soundmagic E10 are "better" and cheaper, but seems like the older models had a bad building quality.

Opinions? I´m still open to suggestions :p

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #9 of 12
Idk if they're available where you are, but I highly recommend the JVC FX40. They very inexpensive but certainly offer the sound signature you're looking for. And they punch way above their price point. 

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 12
  Idk if they're available where you are, but I highly recommend the JVC FX40. They very inexpensive but certainly offer the sound signature you're looking for. And they punch way above their price point. 

I haven´t seen any store that has JVC earphones yet :/ So, it´s a "no" for now, maybe i´m going to buy a pair in the future, but I´m going to need to buy them on Ebay.
I´m a bit excited about this, this are going to be my first "good" earphones, and the good part about buying them in a local store is the warranty (1 year) that´s enough time for me.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Yeah, seems like the Delta are receiveing a lot of love these days, but, they are not available here, but I´m afraid that they are going to be too "neutral" too my tastes. The M4 signature looks more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back