1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Incredibly confused. IEM at 50$ - V Shaped

1. oMalakai
    Well, it´s christmas and seems like my dad is going to gift me some IEM´s, so maybe I should help him with that. But, after finding a good store here, I noticed the tons of options at that price that I have, and i´m pretty confused, I don´t know what to choose. I usually listen to DnB, Trip Hop, Metal, Jazz...but I like the V-Shape signature, I want something with GOOD bass (Especially sub bass) and nice treble, with good separation, mids are not a priority, but of course, something decent. I´m going to use the them eeveryday, so, durability should be important.
    Here are the brands and models that I have : http://www.mediaplayer.cl/productos.php?cat=2&todos_r=1&cat_m=3&ordenp=1&_pagi_pg=15

(Audifonos = earphones. I need something around 20.000 - 30.000 CLP )

If someone can help with this, I will be very grateful. I did take a look on older posts, but I´m still confused.

P.D : I owned a pair of SHE-3590 and I currenly use a SHE-3500. Both amazingly good for the price, and I liked a lot their sound, however, the 3590 lacked definition sometimes, and the bass was a bit too much sometimes, also, the soundstage is pretty small, the same with depth. 3500 sounds nice, detailed, maybe needs more bass, but sounds pretty decent with everything, just a tad "artificial". Depth is pretty good IMO. As a note, seems like my ear channels are pretty small, because both IEM´s were a bit painful to wear after an hour, or more, even with small tips.

P.D 2 : From what I have read, Brainwavz and Sound Magic are good options, right?

P.D 3 : Isolation is pretty important too.

2. oMalakai
    Halp? :c

3. tinyman392
    Brainwavz and Soundmagic both have great headphones (I've yet to hear a Soundmagic though).  MEElectronics shouldn't be left out of the party either.  The Brainwavz M4 has a nice v-shape to it and can be had for around 30 during sales (keep your eyes peeled).  The MEE M-Duo can be had for around 40 while on sale (recently was I think).  

I haven't heard the Shures, so no comparisons unfortunately :frowning2:

4. oMalakai

Well, I see that the M4 are still on a decent price (29.900 CLP), but, I see that the R1 and M5 have a pretty similar price, and all of them look great, but I don´t know which one is "better".

5. tinyman392

All of those are great IEMs.  The M5 didn't have a v-shape to my ears, so if you're looking for that, that would be out of question.  As for R1 vs M4, I'd say M4 all the way.  The R1 sounds a little bloated in comparison IMO.  

6. tehsprayer
    For price conversions:

20 000 CLP - 35 000 CLP
    (37.78 USD - 56.67 USD)

I wish I could help but I don't know much about IEMs at that price.

7. oMalakai

Thanks for that, M4 looks pretty good. I would take a look on some reviews of them.

No worries, and thanks for the conversion, I was a bit lazy to do it :p

8. oMalakai
    Well, I have on mind now the M4, but I read somewhere that the Soundmagic E10 are "better" and cheaper, but seems like the older models had a bad building quality.

Opinions? I´m still open to suggestions :p

9. JoeDoe
    Idk if they're available where you are, but I highly recommend the JVC FX40. They very inexpensive but certainly offer the sound signature you're looking for. And they punch way above their price point. 

10. oMalakai

I haven´t seen any store that has JVC earphones yet :/ So, it´s a "no" for now, maybe i´m going to buy a pair in the future, but I´m going to need to buy them on Ebay.
    I´m a bit excited about this, this are going to be my first "good" earphones, and the good part about buying them in a local store is the warranty (1 year) that´s enough time for me.

11. JoeDoe
    Well a good alternative would be the Brainwavz Delta - a very slightly V-shaped sig IMO, that seems to do everything pretty well.

12. oMalakai
    Yeah, seems like the Delta are receiveing a lot of love these days, but, they are not available here, but I´m afraid that they are going to be too "neutral" too my tastes. The M4 signature looks more fun.