Incoming Astell & Kern New: A&futura and A&norma
May 10, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #32 of 351
Links for full specs and pricing is on the first and seconds posts.
I do see where the A&Futura has 128gb on-board storage, but I don’t see the specs for the A&Norma on-board storage, nor any mention of the storage slots, for either player. Unless, I’m missing it.

May 10, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #33 of 351
I do see where the A&Futura has 128gb on-board storage, but I don’t see the specs for the A&Norma on-board storage, nor any mention of the storage slots, for either player. Unless, I’m missing it.

64gb

May 10, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #35 of 351
May save some cash for the SE15 solely because of its design

Possibly one of the most unique design in any kind of mobile device right now IMO

May 11, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #39 of 351
(Links) to full specs of each device on first and second posts.

Yes, I know about the first and second post. I see nothing about the battery life of the SR15. Thus why I asked. I'll know better next time, won't I?

The A&norma SR15 is the first model from Astell&Kern’s new standard line of players. The A&norma line is designed to provide those new to high resolution audio a feature-packed introduction to the Astell&Kern brand. ‘Pragmatic’ Hi-Fi is now available with A&norma. The A&norma SR15 is packed with several features found in previous Astell&Kern flagship devices so that even beginners can enjoy the fullest musical details when listening with an A&norma player. The SR15 uses the proven Master HIFI level DAC chip, the Cirrus Logic CS43198, and features a Quad-core CPU which provides abundant power to process high-res music and creates an intuitive and snappy user experience. The A&norma SR15 can playback up to 24bit/192kHz PCM audio, and single-rated DSD natively. All of these features are packaged in a solid aluminum alloy body that resembles the popular AK70 series. The user interface is also very intuitive and is based on other upper-tier models in the Astell&Kern line.

May 11, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #40 of 351
Yes, I know about the first and second post. I see nothing about the battery life of the SR15. Thus why I asked. I'll know better next time, won't I?

The A&norma SR15 is the first model from Astell&Kern’s new standard line of players. The A&norma line is designed to provide those new to high resolution audio a feature-packed introduction to the Astell&Kern brand. ‘Pragmatic’ Hi-Fi is now available with A&norma. The A&norma SR15 is packed with several features found in previous Astell&Kern flagship devices so that even beginners can enjoy the fullest musical details when listening with an A&norma player. The SR15 uses the proven Master HIFI level DAC chip, the Cirrus Logic CS43198, and features a Quad-core CPU which provides abundant power to process high-res music and creates an intuitive and snappy user experience. The A&norma SR15 can playback up to 24bit/192kHz PCM audio, and single-rated DSD natively. All of these features are packaged in a solid aluminum alloy body that resembles the popular AK70 series. The user interface is also very intuitive and is based on other upper-tier models in the Astell&Kern line.

If you knew about the links to the full specs on the astellnkern website then you wouldn't of asked the question?

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #42 of 351
Battery life is not mentioned there. If you can see it, be so kind and post it here....

Apologies you are correct it's missing that info unlike the Futura.

@JasonNYC could you shed some light on the playback time on the A&Norma.

May 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #44 of 351
I really like the look of the SE100. I was planning to upgrade to the SP1000 but the SE100 has a lot of the things I wanted from it, the new UI, Octacore CPU and similar design aesthetic.

I'm definitely not a fan of the SR15 design though. It looks extremely bad to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back