...in which clarity, isolation (read: closed), durability and comfort are all very important.
Sep 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
I haven't, but I think the Thunderpants would be outside my price range.  Under $200 would be great.

Wait, you'd go for a modded can that you wouldn't mod?

I would of said modded T50RP, but then you don't want them modded.

Under $200
neutral
Comfortable
Closed
Unmodded
Easy to drive

I think you have WAY too much on your plate. The only thing I can think of is the HD598, and that's way too colored to be used for monitoring. and Open too.

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 25
the fischer FA003 is a very good choice, fits with all your requirements plus it doesn really need to me amplified.

clarity: almost on pair with the K601 (K601 with a good amp) but a tad less.
isolation: I was impressed by it, more than the HD25 if that tells you anything.
durability: I havent had them long but the build quality seems to be good. detachable cable.
comfort: super comfortable and includes extra pads, velvet even more comfortable.

they also come with a well padded case for transportation.

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
the fischer FA003 is a very good choice, fits with all your requirements plus it doesn really need to me amplified.

clarity: almost on pair with the K601 (K601 with a good amp) but a tad less.
isolation: I was impressed by it, more than the HD25 if that tells you anything.
durability: I havent had them long but the build quality seems to be good. detachable cable.
comfort: super comfortable and includes extra pads, velvet even more comfortable.

they also come with a well padded case for transportation.

I keep forgetting about Fisher for some reason.

I +1 this.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 25

Quote:
James, I give you 6 points for your Andy pictures.  Awesome

x2.

OP, i think the K271 would be worth a punt if you like the K601.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back