(in the name of fairness) The Sennheiser HD580/600s are great/suck
Jun 26, 2002 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
This way we can keep the Senn bashing in here and the AKG bashing in the other.

As before, I'll start the bashing:

The Senns are veiled and boomy.

Jun 26, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 13
To me the 580s sounded artificial. it sounded like they took the song and smoothed it out making it boring to the point that i could just fall asleep listening to hard rock.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 13
ok, why the hell do we need another pointless thread like this, that will no doubt end in pointless flaming and pointlessly long boring posts with no point at all?

I mean...been there, done that, didn't like it.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
ok, why the hell do we need another pointless thread like this, that will no doubt end in pointless flaming and pointlessly long boring posts with no point at all?

I mean...been there, done that, didn't like it.

Because I wanted to keep it all out of my 501 cable mod thread.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 13
Nezer
If you dont like the 580/600 dont listen to them. Are you bord and what to cause trouble. Grow up. This place ant for your amusememt. This thread should be closed.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Nezer
If you dont like the 580/600 dont listen to them. Are you bord and what to cause trouble. Grow up. This place ant for your amusememt. This thread should be closed.

I love my 600s, don't get me wrong.

I started a thread on a cable mod for the 501s and it turned into a Senn bashing session that I wanted out of my thread so I started this one.

If you don't want to partake, than don't post or even read it for that matter.

I'm not trying to start trouble, I'm trying to move trouble *out* of another thread where it doesn't belong.

Jun 27, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 13
Nezer
Sorry if I misunderstood you. I am sorry that you had trouble on another thread. Forgive my comments to you.

Jun 27, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
I don't think people will segregate their opinions when they encounter something they feel strongly about.

"You wanna complain? Go out back and yell at the dumpster."

I'll help them along and start another thread for them to rant in.

BTW, I started another thread for AKG bashing/defense.

The original thread was called something like "AKG 501s Bass Roll-off re-re-re-revisited" and was basically meant as a way to show folks who think the 501s are rolled-off that perhaps it's maybe a cable problem and not a design problem with the drivers.

Someone took that out of context and started yelling that they are natural and the Senns are boomy. I yelled back to take it to another thread and, if they are happy with the 501s, don't mod them! I'm certianly not about to tell someone to do something they don't want or feel the need to do.

Now, why do I start by saying the Senns are veiled and boomy? Because, relativly speaking, they are. Don't believe me? Listen to the 501s for a few hours and switch over the Senns. In *contrast* they will appear boomy and veiled (if you hear like I do).

Now, listen to the Senns for a while and switch over to the 501s. They will now sound shrill and harsh (again, assuming you hear like I do).

Of course, your ears may tell you something different and that's fine by me! I'm not about to tell someone they can't hear what they can.

I've done the test above and I can clearly see where both sides of this issue come from.

That said, I prefer the Senns over the 501s but that's just me. I also think that something properly balanced to my ears lies somewhere between the two. But, again, that's just me and you may feel differently.

I'm also more likely to mod the $100 pair of AKGs over the $300 Senns (patrly because the AKGs are easier to dismantle). Plus, others have posted ways to make the Senns less veiled but I have yet to hear of anyone making the AKGs more bass-heavy (without an EQ being involved).

Jun 27, 2002 at 1:14 PM Post #13 of 13
<click>

Locked by request
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back