In the market for under $50
Mar 7, 2006 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cygnus311

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones under about $50. I was interested in the CX300's at first but want something I can use to work out with so now I'm thinking about the PX100's (I can't run with my Sony EX71s and I assume it's the same with the CX300's). Are the Grado SR60's light enough for that and worth the extra money over the PX100's? What other good models are out there for my budget? I mostly listen to Rush, 311, Frank Sinatra, other alternative and a bunch of other softer, acoustic type stuff. It would also be cool if they work well with my computer games. Thanks!

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one of them. When I auditioned them both a while back, I decided that the SR60 were slightly better than the PX100. It had a more detailed, musical sound. I bought the PX100 in the end because they were cheaper and had 90% of that Grado flavour. I have never looked back since. The PX100 are now gone and I've got myself the SR325i. Indeed, the Grado sound signature is irresistable...

Like sonic_rage said, the SR60 are much less portable. They have a much bulkier cord and aren't as comfortable as the PX100.

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 8
my px100s would fall off sometimes during frantic movement, the kscs stayed on more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back