(In terms of just sheer imaging and soundstage for competitive gaming) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd gen vs K702?
Jun 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

twocentsear

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my K702 (since I'm not that happy with them anymore) and I auditioned some headphones (HD650, HE400i, HE560, T1 2nd Gen, K712). I wasn't able to demo any of them in atleast a round of Rainbow Six Siege or CSGO (yes, the sound engine in this game is quite horrible and outdated... plus CoD's sound engine just seems more accurate than it), but I did absolutely love the sound of the T1 2nd Gen, and someone nearby where I live is selling them for $500.

Now, I'm not exactly dead set on getting the T1 2nd Gen, and imaging is honestly more important for me than soundstage (though I prefer a soundstage still larger than an HD600), but since the T1 2nd Gen caught my attention, how does it compare?

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Their DT 1990 Pro with Analytical pads are better tuned and probably better suited for gaming. It has the same drivers and is tuned to a more neutral sound. I haven't gamed extensively on mine yet but from what I've tested on PUBG it's miles ahead of my HD58X, which is pretty similar to a HD600. There's also tonnes of reviews out there raving about its imaging prowess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back