In search for new headphones
Oct 5, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #17 of 21
Ok I got K712 :)

First impression on the sound is positive. But I couldn't write detailed review about that. Clamping force is just right and those ear-pads are very comfortable. Added coiled cable is also a big plus when someone would use headphones behind computer. But I'll be probably retuning them because headband starts to hurt to much after half an hour. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #18 of 21
  Ok I got K712 :)

First impression on the sound is positive. But I couldn't write detailed review about that. Clamping force is just right and those ear-pads are very comfortable. Added coiled cable is also a big plus when someone would use headphones behind computer. But I'll be probably retuning them because headband starts to hurt to much after half an hour. 

The K712's headband is smooth and free of the bumps on some other models.  So it is a bit of a surprise to hear this.  That said...

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 21

The K712's headband is smooth and free of the bumps on some other models.  So it is a bit of a surprise to hear this.  That said...

Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

I appreciate all your suggestions and I am not blaming anyone for this It was me who bought them and one of the reason to go to AKG instead of others in the end was generally good reviews and removable cable.

I guess the problem is that right on top of the head I have slight bump apparently and whole headphones rest there.

I'll check some more reviews.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #20 of 21

I appreciate all your suggestions and I am not blaming anyone for this It was me who bought them and one of the reason to go to AKG instead of others in the end was generally good reviews and removable cable.

I guess the problem is that right on top of the head I have slight bump apparently and whole headphones rest there.

I'll check some more reviews.

Didn't take it in any negative way.

Fact is that headphone comfort is one area in which none of us can give you (or anyone else) more a very general recommendation--one that comes with a large margin for error and certainly no guarantees. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #21 of 21
Hmm I still have not decided what to buy now. What about something like Audio Technica R70x reviews seems favourable. Or maybe something like Sony MA900. But I cant get those two from Amazon itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back