In search for headphones with good bass and clarity
May 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vahid1234

New Head-Fier
I am looking into upgrading my headphones, i have the V-Moda crossfade lp2's, i love the bass on them but i feel they are not very clear in all the other areas. I do not know a lot about headphones just some basics. I want to find a headphone that has a really good soundstage with lots of clarity and good bass, i am thinking of getting a pair of open headphones or maybe a semi open to get the best of both worlds, having good low end performance of a sealed headphone but wider soundstage and clarity of open headphones. I will be running the headphones off an audiophile portable music player, the hisoundaudio Rocoo P. All i listen to is R&B, mainly chris brown, trey songz, usher and so on. The criteria i want the headphones to fit are,

Over ear
Sealed or Semi open
High clarity
Good punchy bass
Wide sound stage
Budget of £200

Any headphones you can recommend?

I've been looking at beyerdynamic headphones but i'm just getting confused

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks :) 

May 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 9
I tried a pair of denon ah d2000's yesterday i noticed you own them, thats a freaky coincidence, i really enjoyed listening to them, i am tempted to buy them, would you recommend them for the music i listen to? also do they leak much because i realy want a sealed headphone, preferably that doesn't leak much, i found the denons to be soo comfortable, the ear pads were so snug around the ears.

May 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 9
I want a pair of the d5000's i just can't afford, the cheapest i could find was £320... if anyone was selling a pair of d5000's for less than 200 i would be interested :).... yeh i know its a long shot

May 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 9
I would recommend them for hip-hop and r&b yes.  The Denons are more like a semi-open because their 'acoustic optimizer' is an open slot that extends all around the circumference of their frame that's behind the ring that attaches to their yokes.  They also don't clamp too hard which factors into their comfort.  So yes they leak more than your average closed headphone.

May 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 9
The D2000 are very good sounding cans for the price and they are comfortable for long listening session and they improve more with quality AMPs help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back