In Rememberance of the Rio Karma
Jun 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have two Karmas.

I have one Creative Zen Touch.

I'd stick to the Karmas, but I've had trouble finding good drivers for transferring files on WinXP. If someone were to enlighten me. . . .
smily_headphones1.gif

For best results, use the Rio Non-MSC driver ( http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sup...ers_NonMSC.zip ) and Rio Music Manager 2.96 ( http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sup...are_Ver296.exe )

Enjoy.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #17 of 24
No disrespect is intended here,but was "Rio Karma" related to "Pancho Villa"? Sorry, couldn't help myself (especially when the thread title has "in remeberance of" as a part of it!). OK, you guys can get back to your seriousness now,I'll step aside. Oops ! my forum name is ripe for puns now that I think about it. Well...eh, you didn't read this, nevermind.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podtweaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No disrespect is intended here,but was "Rio Karma" related to "Pancho Villa"? Sorry, couldn't help myself (especially when the thread title has "in remeberance of" as a part of it!). OK, you guys can get back to your seriousness now,I'll step aside. Oops ! my forum name is ripe for puns now that I think about it. Well...eh, you didn't read this, nevermind.

LOL !

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #19 of 24
Jun 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, the Vibez is discontinued. Fortunately, mine is still kicking after 2 years 2 months and counting. Plus I have a working Karma hidden away as a backup.

I do think there is reason for optimism: One of the guys working for TrekStor used to work for Rio, and is responsible for all the kick ass beta firmware updates that, to me, made the Vibez the best music player on the planet. (As I understand it, I think he's also the same guy who created the Rio Carbon - Developer's Cut firmware.) So, even though the Vibez is no more, I'm hopeful that the "next big thing" out of TrekStor's Cambridge, UK, office .....[/url]

I'm sorry, but I have to warn everyone that the Trekstor's hard drive will crap out on them and that Trekstor has really bad customer service. Don't believe me, then go to riovolution and look how many people had their hard drive die on them. Some with less than 1 year use. Then try to get customer service! Trekstor sucks!!! I don't care how good they sound, save your money and maybe get a HiFiMan or some other great sounding player.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, but I have to warn everyone that the Trekstor's hard drive will crap out on them and that Trekstor has really bad customer service. Don't believe me, then go to riovolution and look how many people had their hard drive die on them. Some with less than 1 year use. Then try to get customer service! Trekstor sucks!!! I don't care how good they sound, save your money and maybe get a HiFiMan or some other great sounding player.

Meanwhile, In the battle of the vibez and the treadmill at my gym in the summer of 2007, the vibez won.

ps. I do agree that TrekStor's first line support is borderline useless. IMHO, their Cambridge team and their willingness to answer questions at Riovolution more than makes up for it.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes, my VibeZ did, too, after less than a year's use.
trekstor gave me the runaround telling me I can buy a flash drive when the new units came out. they never did, and they stopped replying my mails with anything other than a "sorry"

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podtweaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first post was a tiny bit tounge-in-cheek. I loved the thing, but I had it for a year and the scroll wheel caved in and my hardrive failed. I used my extended warranty from Best Buy to pick up an iRiver H340 which was my second favorite player. It was much blander as a music device than the karma was but someone did port the original 'Doom' to it!

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #24 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back