"In Rainbows" only at 160KBPS??
Oct 12, 2007 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry for yet another Radiohead thread, but im a little annoyed here.
I paid $10 for the album, b/c I want to support them but the zip filed songs came in at 160KBPS?
Was there a way to download at a higher rate?

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #7 of 15
Well, as they said in interviews they wanted it to just be better than what you get from iTunes, so they did that much. Personally, I think for the relatively crappy bitrate it still sounds pretty good but I can understand your frustration. That's pretty much why I didn't pay for the album-- I'll spend the money on the CD or discbox.

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, as they said in interviews they wanted it to just be better than what you get from iTunes, so they did that much. Personally, I think for the relatively crappy bitrate it still sounds pretty good but I can understand your frustration. That's pretty much why I didn't pay for the album-- I'll spend the money on the CD or discbox.

Can't you get 256KBPS from iTunes? I bought the Discbox. The download was part of that purchase. I still wish that they had done the download in 320KBPS. Makes the anticipation for the Discbox even greater I guess!

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 15
But for 99.9% of the people out there, 160kbps is perfectly fine. It is only us 0.1% nuts that complain.

I still think it sounds pretty good on headphones, even at 160kbps.

Oct 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't you get 256KBPS from iTunes? I bought the Discbox. The download was part of that purchase. I still wish that they had done the download in 320KBPS. Makes the anticipation for the Discbox even greater I guess!

Yeah, you can, but I think they were referring to the "normal" iTunes download, which is what most albums have. Either way, while 320kbps would've been nice-- I don't know how many people out there in the real world would notice the difference.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Well I am dissapointed with 160kbps as well. The fact that it sounds decent is a saving grace, but still no excuse for a paid download in my opinion. But I will get the cd when it comes out, I'm sure it will sound much better.

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you bought it online, you still own a licensed copy of the music, so it should be within your legal rights to rip someone's CD when it becomes available, or download it.

Exactly. Also, don't forget that as the shipping date for the Discbox nears and more copies of the actual CD are made, the likelihood that a real CD rip will leak will increase a lot.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I got the discbox and the download. I was kind of disappointed with the 160. Should have been 320!

I am pretty disappointed with the sound also but I downloaded it for free and thats all it is worth.I will buy it later with proper packaging and good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back