In need for a cheap DAP!
Nov 17, 2008 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

xtenglong

Head-Fier
For a really long time, I've been using the iAudio X5L, but now, it's almost unusuable. Battery dies out in less than 10 hours, and it shuts down on its own very often. I have a snowboarding trip coming up really soon, and I want to listen to some music while shredding down the mountain. My budget is kind of really low, definitely less than $100. The cheaper the better. Which DAP has the best SQ? My music is usually really broad, but since this I'm using it mostly for when I'm snowboarding, I probably will be listening to a lot of rock and other really lively music. Capacity only needs to be a few GB big, and it definitely should be flash memory, since when I'm using it snowboarding, I tend to fall really really hard, so a HDD wouldn't be able to handle it (I think that's what happened with my iAudio X5L). Remember, the cheaper the better.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 12
Hit up Sansa's website with their 30% off and get a fuze or a clip.

Fuze 8gb shipped to me was 87 bucks (didn't order, just priced it) and it has a microSD card slot too if you want more later!

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 12
Oooh, thanks guys, didn't even notice the sansa clip at all in my search. Seems pretty good for it's price, the silver edition 4GB for only $59. That is pretty hard to beat, hahaha. How's the SQ on it?

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh, thanks guys, didn't even notice the sansa clip at all in my search. Seems pretty good for it's price, the silver edition 4GB for only $59. That is pretty hard to beat, hahaha. How's the SQ on it?

I got a 2gb this week @ 21$ shipped lol.
Better than the Stone,Shuffle. Still on par with the Sony. The DAPs from Sony are always very good in sound quality.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 12
Where did you order the 2gb clip for only 21 dollars? I'm looking all over the place, but I just don't see it anywhere. Should I try to save me some money and get it used or refurbished?

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #11 of 12
Alright, thanks guys, you were all a big help for me =]. They weren't selling it on woot anymore but I ordered the 4GB one for 39 dollars, with the shipping, which isn't bad at all. Can't wait till I get it and be able to finally listen to music on the go again. Gonna be enjoying it lots while snowboarding :xf_cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back