In-Line Microphone Solution For Any Headphones/Earphones
Aug 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

i2ehan

Aka: Nightcrawler, Oof Oink
Was flipping items from the classifieds on eBay.
I've seen quite a few recent threads pop-up, inquiring about earphones with an in-line mic, with/without play/volume controls. I too was after the very same thing for quite some time, but not at the cost of having to purchase an exclusive dedicated mobile version of an earphone. I'd much rather use any one of my current top tiers. On that note, I purchased the Monster iSoniTalk from buydig.com, for a mere $9 shipped. My Monster iSoniTalk arrived today, and my initial impressions are as follows:

The smaller image on the top-left shows both ends of the device, where one end plugs into your mobile phone (as is represented in the enlarged image), and the other end is a clip-on, with a push to talk button in the center, the logo to its one side, and an in-line mic on the other. You can see just how far the device sticks out, when connected to your mobile phone, but being that it's a straight jack, I had no trouble connecting the device to my HTC Desire Z, which was enclosed in an already bulky Otterbox case.

I made a few test calls, and received a few as well. The mic works perfectly fine, exactly as intended, and there was no distortion on my end, nor on the other end, as I was informed. The mic was clipped to my shirt collar. The cable length, from one end to the other, is reasonably lengthy, so no issues there. However, the iSoniTalk's cable, as well as the cable of whichever earphones are being used rest relatively close to one another, which makes it easier for them to catch onto one another more often than not. I found it easiest to have the iSoniTalk cable tucked into my shirt, while the earphone cable rested outside my shirt.

All in all, for under $10, I really don't have room for complaint. Now, being a Monster product, there's no telling how long this will last me, but being that I'm OCD careful with all of my belongings, I'm hoping it'll last me a good while. No, there are no dedicated play/volume controls, but for those looking for an in-line mic for use with whatever earphones they currently own, without having to go the exclusive mobile earphone route, the Monster iSoniTalk is an inexpensive, albeit competent solution.
smile.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Neat idea. Looks like Monster is the first company to put this concept to use

IMO, I would say the plug and mic look a bit bulky but the image might be a bit deceiving though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back