In-Ears with detachable/replaceable cable
Sep 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bwprius

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone:

Mi last IEM's are now useless because the cable of one of the buds appears to have broken. Therefore, I have two alternatives:

buy cheaper IEM's and replace them from time to time
or rather
buy IEM's with replaceable/detachable cables

One question: does this mean that the cable detaches itself easily thus preventing cable damage? (I have the Sennheiser HD 590's with a plug that connects the cable to the headphones on one side)

Since I am in Europe I would prefer to buy IEM's that are available here in order to prevent me from paying high shipping costs.

Can anyone recommend any IEM's with these characteristics at a reasonable price? I mean, 200 bucks would just be too much.

Thanks, bwprius
L3000.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 6

thepredestrian

100+ Head-Fier
I know some UE products have detachable cables. If youre looking at that price range it would be Super.fi5?

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 6

shigzeo

The Hiss King
i would suggest the sa6 ove the ue simply because its connection is better. the newer sa6 also has a better housing which shouldn't break. however, earphonesolutions for instnace have stopped selling ue becaue their detachable cables broke often... very often. i would consider something with a good cable which you treat well.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 6

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
Sennheiser IE8 has datachable cable it's very durable and it has great sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread